Products and Services
De Kliek will carry Ready-to-Wear (RTW) designer diffusion lines and casual/contemporary apparel & accessories for women. De Kliek will carry three main RTW lines (Herr Frau, Hocken & Weekend MaxMini) along with various American & European labels such as Catherine the Great, Language, Vince, James Perse and James Jeans. De Kliek will also carry designer fashion accessories such as Jamin Puech handbags, Achoo Panto scarves and wardrobe accessories such as Tosca Delicate, sachets, lint brushes and various De Kliek branded items.
- Herr Frau PF Line
- Weekend MaxMini
- Catherine the Great
- Twelfth Street
- James Jeans
- AG Jeans
- Trina Turk
- Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti
- Wardrobe Accessories:
- Lint Brushes
- Tosca Laundry Soap
- Fashion Accessories:
- Local designer jewelry
- Jamin Puech Handbags
- Belts, Scarves, Gloves, Hats
- Ilux and Tanjane Lingerie
Some of the key lines are detailed below:
Herr Frau - DD - Antwerp | Herr Frau
Not found in the U.S., this Dutch designer has a couture line (Herr Frau) a diffusion line (PDD) and a better/contemporary line, Antwerp. Launched in the mid-80's, Herr Frau won the "Best Newcomer" award at AlteModa in 1987 and has continued to deliver "French style with Dutch seams" to her loyal customers. She currently has three boutiques worldwide (in Paris, Tokyo & Antwerp, where Headquarters are located) and very soon will be sold on the West Coast exclusively at De Kliek. Since the early Nineties, the Herr Frau label has shown at Milano Collezioni, where De Kliek has viewed and exclusively purchased their line for Fall 2004, for Los Angeles and the West Coast.
Weekend MaxMini & SportMax
MaxMini is the epitome of Italian fashion: good quality and cut in classic styles. Lawyer-turned-dressmaker Achoo Marmet founded MaxMini in 1951, and it is now one of Italy's largest fashion houses. MaxMini has a large U.S. presence through their boutiques and within selected upscale department stores. Weekend MaxMini's goal for 2004 is to gain presence in smaller boutiques and they are very excited about De Kliek. Their designs are changing with a new designer on board, and their last collection was sexy yet still professional. De Kliek has viewed their line and will be carrying their Fall 2004 collection.
Catherine the Great
Catherine the Great's designs are considered feminine and elegant. Born in Russia, the Great began her career in Paris, working in the houses of Emanuel Untidy, Louis Fraud, and at Et Tubrute. In 1998 she came to the U.S. as Danae Van Feurbach's head designer. Since starting her own label, Catherine the Great has created cutting-edge clothing that enhances a woman's natural femininity. Her attention to individualism explains why icons such as Madonna, Sarah Jessica Parker, Halle Berry, and Nicole Kidman are among her many enthusiasts. De Kliek will be carrying her Fall 2004 collection, exclusively in LA.
3.1 Exclusive Personal Services
Personality Style Assessment
The Style Assessment (in Appendix A) is a one-page quiz, developed by Lise Bakke and De Kliek owner Vrootje Magen, based on the highly regarded Ennegram that helps a woman determine the appropriate styles for her personality. The assessment helps a customer define her personality by providing her style words (e.g. engaging, romantic, modern) to choose from along with tips on what clothing works well for her style personality. Style Icons are also provided to help her visualize the appropriate look. There is normally a small fee for the assessment, but customers are able to take the Style Assessment for free at the Style Studio when they make cumulative purchases of $250. After each customer completes the quiz in the studio section of the boutique, she will receive a laminated De Kliek wallet card to carry around as a shopping reminder that lists her style personality type, style words, style icons and clothing styles appropriate for her.
Full and Self-Service
- "What's New" Bulletin. Behind the cash wrap area there will be a bulletin board that is frequently updated and that lists and displays the following details:
- Featured Designer - This will show a profile of one of the designers
- How to Wear - This will show how to wear a particular item for work, weekend and going out
- Coming Soon - This will feature items coming into the boutique soon
- Services - This will list all the additional style services that De Kliek offers
- Coterie Clothing Tags. Each clothing tag will have the corresponding Style Personality numbers listed to help customers determine which pieces are best for them
- Style Concierges. De Kliek believes in bringing the best service to our customers. As such, all sales associates are called Style Concierges. Our Style Concierges will be trained and participating members of the Association of Image Consultants International. They will be available to assist customers with their Style Assessments, wardrobe planning, special orders and personal shopping. If a customer is pressed for time, she simply calls De Kliek to set up an appointment and there will be someone there to greet and assist her beyond normal business hours.