One, Two, Step!
Web Plan Summary
The website for One, Two, Step! will serve as a channel for business. The consumer will be able to:
- View and purchase their shoes and accessories online (VISA, MC, AMEX, DISCOVER)
- Purchase gift cards
- Take a virtual tour of the store
- Read shoe FAQs
- Contact Us
- Sign up for One, Two, Step! news and updates
- Complete surveys for customer satisfaction
Website Marketing Strategy
All of our customers will be encouraged to use our website, in state and out of state, for faster service. Shoes and accessories will be sent out via USPS, Fed-Ex, or UPS, depending upon how fast the customer prefers to receive the purchase. The website will include a special “buying shoes online” section, where customers can print out the footprint of each model at actual size, to see how it compares to their foot shape. Each brand that we offer generally conforms to a particular foot shape, regardless of size; tips on picking your best brand for your foot shape will help online customers get a good fit without every leaving home.
I plan to use a contracted service to design my website. Projected costs are estimated at $3,000. I plan to have the website officially up and running by year 2 of business.
I have estimated the ongoing costs:
- Website name registration for Site Hosting: $60 per year
- Search Engine Registration: $30 or less per month
- Site Design Changes: Changes in the site, such as photography costs (estimated at $150-$200 per shot), are considered to be part of Marketing and Advertising.