Evergreen TV Productions
EvergreenTV Productions, Inc. is a multi-faceted company, with the potential to branch into new venues as the company grows. There are currently three phases to development, beginning with our home division. By developing this division to include three stores in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area, we can generate enough revenue to assist in the growth of two other divisions; tour and travel, and the business to business division. However, we will need additional funding to accomplish this plan.
The Home Division produces digital video scrapbooks by digitizing customers’ photos, setting them to music, and using selected digital effects to create the video memory. Our operations manual is a business system designed to produce the maximum number of videos per week while maintaining a rigid standard for quality. Using this system, and following this video production business plan, we will generate the revenue needed to allow us flexibility in accepting other projects more commonly associated with a production company, leading into the next division.
The Tour and Travel Division provides specialized production on a wide range of hand-picked projects, depending upon the client’s needs. This division creates videos of local interest for play in doctors offices’ waiting rooms, videos to promote area businesses, and tour/travel videos for tour companies. We will develop this division into a self-sufficient branch within the first year.
The Business to Business (B2B) Division markets the news stories of college and university communications students, and provides a resume posting service for said students. Those stories are sold to small market tv stations nationwide. This division is the heart of EvergreenTV Productions, and the reason for incorporation. After seven months of development, our website is complete. We are ready to revolutionize television news programming. Selecting only the best, we gather an impressive selection of “timeless” news stories produced by college and university students. Market research shows that nearly every day, small market tv stations need “filler” news, either local, regional or national, to complete their newscasts. Many subscribe to costly services, with little choice for story selection. EvergreenTV Productions will provide them with quality news stories, “filler news” which these stations can use for any time, any day, any cast. This division of EvergreenTV Productions is meeting two needs. First, those of students anxious to get professional experience and an introduction into the tv news industry. By promoting their news stories and publishing their resumes on our website, we’re helping them get that first foot in the door. Secondly, the needs of small market tv stations which cannot afford to budget tens of thousands of dollars for news programming.
- Open two stores in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area by the beginning of year two. Each store will follow a business system designed to operate at maximum efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of quality, as per a franchise.
- Produce an hour-long video of points of interest with the Tampa/St. Petersburg area to sell to doctor’s offices in the area by the end of month six. Revenue generated by tape sales will be used to support travel and expenses to meet goal three.
- Generate an inventory of 15 stories for the business to business division by the end of month six, and 50 stories by the end of month nine.
- Obtain 30 sales to small market tv stations by the end of year one.
- B2B Division sales increasing to XX by the third year.
- Build B2B news stories inventory to a minimum of 300 stories by the third year.
- Open two home division stores per year in various markets throughout state. i.e., Naples, Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Pensacola. Each store following our business system to maintain consistency and product control.
- Maintain a profit, to reinvest into business and further expansion.
Keys to Success
- Product quality. Begins with a complete customer’s understanding of the process. Customers should be comfortable turning over their treasured photos for production, and should be completely satisfied with the end product.
- Implementation of business system. Every employee should be fully trained and able to assist other employees in the goals and objectives as defined within the business system. This ensures that the first key to success is achieved.
- Marketing. Initial market saturation within key customer demographics is essential, followed by an extensive referral program, as outlined in the business system guidelines. Presentations to select demographics, such as retirement villas and professional photographers is vital. Building alliances and co-promotions programs with like businesses (such as wedding photographers, disc jockeys, travel agencies and photo processing centers) is key to further growth.
Tour and Travel Division:
- Product quality/customer satisfaction. All productions must meet the complete satisfaction of the client, regardless of genre. Employees must be trained to anticipate client’s needs and company’s ability to meet these needs. No project is too small to ignore the importance of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Development of referral program. This division will not actively seek projects, but will respond to the needs of referral clients. A well-defined web of referrals will contribute to the consistency of client’s expectations and this division’s output.
Business to Business Division:
- Product quality. Extensive review of each story submitted. Guidelines sent to communications professors to encourage the development of these stories.
- Marketing. Consistent, repetitious and personal contacting of colleges, universities, technical schools, as well as tv stations in the bottom 115 Nielsen markets. Fresh news releases notifying students and stations of upcoming stories. Faxes, newsletter mail-ins, and a constantly updated website promoting the students and product.
- Management. On-time product delivery. Budgets under control. Legal and accounting advice concerning new development or budgeting, such as QuickBooks instruction and copyright/trademark requirements.
“In the factory Revlon manufactures cosmetics, but in the store Revlon sells hope.” Charles Revson, founder of Revlon.
While EvergreenTV Productions, Inc. operates as a production company, it sells personal memories, opportunities and trust.
The home division creates video scrapbooks set to music, but sells memories and quality service. Customers must trust that we cherish their photos and will produce every video as if for our own families. Our employees must feel equal to the standards expected of them, and feel free to contribute new ideas to improve upon our business model. Employees are also our internal customers, and should be treated with the same respect given to customers who walk through the door.
The tour and travel division maintains an open mind to new video projects, so the client understands that his goal is our objective. While we will suggest alternatives and bring our experience to the table, we hold the client’s goal as the primary target. If we cannot achieve our client’s goal, we will present that information in our initial encounter and suggest other possible production means, rather than altering the project to our comfort level.
The business to business division of EvergreenTV Productions, Inc. understands the frustrations and needs of small market tv news, and the desire of broadcast students to become part of the tv news environment. Using skills developed in tv newsrooms, EvergreenTV Productions provides a service and a product which match the quality and expectations of tv news directors. It makes professional experience accessible to hundreds of broadcast students every year. It unites students with stations, according to industry quality standards. While keeping these standards high, it makes a profit and generates cash. It provides a personal service and guidance system to students. It provides a professional service and an affordable programming opportunity to stations. And EvergreenTV Productions constantly searches for innovative news programming ideas to take this company to the next level, while loyally serving its clients in every possible capacity.