City Taxi is a San Francisco, CA based company, whose mission is to provide reliable, timely, and safe cab services by using complete, in-car credit and debit card access, along with computer-aided dispatch. The company will establish its presence in the industry by acquiring an existing taxi cab association, Mighty Cab, a family-owned business that was formed 12 years ago.
City Taxi will provide complete taxi cab services using the latest equipment and technology to facilitate the travel of individuals in and around the San Francisco area. The company's products and services show that we are an innovative, forward thinking company that recognizes the need to move with ever-changing customer needs. At City Taxi, our philosophy is one that emphasizes service, and a realization that effective communication is a key component in our business. The company also realizes that, in a competitive environment, flexibility and professionalism maintain that leading edge.
The company has drivers and employees that are helpful, courteous, and fully trained on the use of the computer dispatch system. As an added safety measure for both drivers and passengers, City Taxi cabs are fitted with Global Positioning Systems (GPS), which enable the cabs to be tracked or located in an emergency. All City Taxi cabs will be clean, well maintained, and inspected regularly for safety and comfort.
The company's strategy is to build reputation and market share by establishing our business offering as a viable alternative to existing taxi cab services in the area. The company's goal in the next year is pursue an aggressive marketing campaign and from that, penetrate at least 65% of the market share. The company's long-term goal is be the top rated ground transportation company in San Francisco.
The company's emphasis is on the dispatch, mobile data, and credit/debit card markets of the taxi industry. In aggregate, these markets are believed to represent potential sales in excess of $119 million as of March 1999. Within these markets, City Taxi will focus on the more lucrative credit card/debit card segment. This segment, when introduced into any area, has started out slow but over a three-year period has increased by 20% each year in Maryland and Virginia, and by 25-35% in New York each year.
Companies with whom City Taxi competes are Transportation, Inc., Capital Cab, Yellow Cab, and Diamond Cab. Their weaknesses are that they do not have the credit/debit card payment option, and some still use the radio dispatch system. The company has a competitive advantage, however, because our technology is unique to the taxi industry in San Francisco. The GPS will enable the company to provide timely service by giving an accurate estimated time of arrival (ETA). The credit/debit card feature will give customers convenience and privacy during the transaction period.
Reliable communications are essential under all circumstances in this business. As such, City Taxi will use the KDT 5000 system. The KDT 5000 system design provides multiple levels of reliability to assure communications will be maintained under the most rigorous condition. The company will also run a state of the art call center that will be established by Rockwell International.
The company is seeking $2.5 million of financing to fund the acquisition of Mighty Cab Association and its initial operations. This funding will cover the purchase of Mighty Cab, marketing, purchase of extra vehicles, software, and hardware. Projected revenues for 1999 to 2001 are $200,000, $1.5 million, and $2.2 million, respectively.
The company's goal in the next year is to pursue an aggressive marketing campaign and from that, penetrate at least 65% of the market share. The company's goal in the next two to five years is be the top rated ground transportation company in the San Francisco Metro Area by continuously monitoring, evaluating, and following up on customer call-ins.
Key components of City Taxi's initial strategy can be summarized as follows.
Establish Relationship with Rockwell International. The company is currently working to establish and develop a working relationship with Rockwell International. This will enable City Taxi to lock into the many services that they offer including, but not limited to:
- Call center and customer service efficiency
- Management consulting
- Technology consulting
- Product management
- Continuous improvement
The mission of City Taxi is to provide reliable, timely, and safe cab services by using complete in-car credit/debit card access, along with computer aided dispatch.
Highlights of City Taxi
- Technology. City Taxi has a unique Global Positioning System (GPS) that pinpoints the nearest driver, thus allowing the driver to give an accurate ETA.
- Credit/debit card system. This system is the first of its kind in San Francisco and is convenient for both the passenger and driver because approval is given instantly. The swipe machine is located in the back seat, giving the passenger privacy.
- Trademarks. The company is in the process of registering the name Patriot as a trademark.
- Advertising. City Taxi is already in advanced discussions with TCI Media Services to provide advertising services and market research.
- Seasoned management. The company's management is highly experienced and qualified and has extensive experience in the industry.
- Strategic relationships. The company has, and will continue to establish, relationships with organizations that will enhance professional growth. These alliances are valuable to City Taxi because they allow us to get updates on technology, added tech support, and a strong presence in the market.
- Exclusive rights to software. City Taxi has the exclusive rights to the latest taxi cab software in San Francisco.