Sun Heat is a start-up company registered in California offering solar home water heating systems lead by Sara Clark.
The market for solar heating is huge in Southern California where they get over 245 days of sun a year. Sun Heat has identified two distinct market segments that they will market their products to. The first segment is the DIY segment of individuals. The second segment is people that will utilize a skilled installer to have the system implemented at their home. The DIY segment has an annual growth rate of 9% and 3.9 million potential customers. The professional install market has a 8% annual growth rate and 2.7 million possible customers.
Sun Heat will sell two different versions of a solar home water heating system: a do-it-yourself system and a unit installed by a licensed installer. Both groups are cost conscious and environmentally aware.
Sun Heat’s system can save the individual family from 70%-90% of the total amount spent on the electricity used for heating water.
Sun Heat is being lead by Sara Clark who has the education and experience to execute on this proven business model. Sara has an undergraduate degree in environmental studies and Masters degrees in engineering and business administration. Sales are forecasted to grow substantially in year two and year three. Net profit will be correspondingly growing for years two and three.
- To become the premier manufacturer of solar based water heating systems.
- To quickly gain market penetration within the first three years.
- To develop a customer-centric organization based on cutting edge technology.
Sun Heat’s mission is to become the premier solar water heater company offering the highest quality products and customer service while saving customers money and making positive contributions to our environment.
1.3 Keys to Success
Sun Heat has identified three keys to success that help the company grow into a mature market leader:
- Providing cutting edge, reliable, and simple-to-install and maintain solar water heating systems.
- Broadening the market of solar heating into a mainstream energy source.
- Designing and implementing strict financial controls.