Web Plan Summary
Burly plans to develop a Web presence in the first year. We will add e-commerce to the business model at the end of the first year. Burly's website will be a secondary channel of business serving as advertisement for the company, as well as its online "home."
The website will showcase the available products for purchase. Additional tips and inspirational ideas will focus on gifts and gift giving. To further show off our expertise, Burly's website will provide a resource area, offering articles, research, product information and website links of interest to our customers.
Burly's website will mirror the image and brands of products showcased in the store, while keeping up with the latest trends in user interface design. The key to the website strategy will be combining a well designed front-end, with a back-end capable of capturing "hits" and customer data for use in future marketing endeavors.
6.1 Website Marketing Strategy
Market strategy in an Internet retail business depends on recognition of expertise by the consumer. For Burly, it will start with our existing brick-and-mortar store customer base, informing them of our Internet presence and encouraging their word-of-mouth recommendations to others. Further awareness will be heightened by utilizing search engine marketing, banner advertising, and affiliates.
6.2 Development Requirements
Costs that Burly expects to incur with development of its website include:
- Site Design & Implementation - Free. Burly will utilize the programming services of Sticks Casperflip, our son. Sticks Casperflip has 4 years of experience in Web development, including Flash programming, site updating, and backend Shopping Cart design/updating. Burly is grateful for the significant cost savings and advice that this connection will provide.
- Website name registration - $70 for 2 years.
- Site Hosting - $22.95 per month.
- Search Engine Registration - $200 per year.
- Site Design Changes - Free (provided by Sticks Casperflip).