Skate Park NW
SP will be led by Sarah Sckeei, a veteran of the outdoor industry. After graduating from Panoma College, Sarah went to work for an adventure guide service that took clients on bicycle trips (road and mountain), backpacking trips, XC skiing, and snowshoe trips. Sarah spent seven years with this organization, four of the years leading the trips, and the final three years managing the organization. While working in the management capacity, Sarah increased sales by 37%. Following her seven years at (name omitted) Sarah went onto obtain her MBA from the University of Oregon. While Sarah believed that her previous seven years of work experience was invaluable, she though that an MBA would provide her with even more skills and analytical frameworks to make her more successful.
Following her MBA, Sarah moved to Bend and began working at Mt. Bachelor, responsible for their skate skiing and snow shoe programs. Sarah spent two years with Mt. Bachelor and this provided her with incredible experience and insight for this new and exciting market. After the second year Sarah decided that she wanted to be working for herself and began to look into writing a business plan for a new venture. Through contacts that she had, she found out that she could enter into a lease with the National Forest Service for the use of some of their access roads to be used as ski trails. As this deal began to solidify, Sarah began to actively seek out capital and quickly raised the requisite funds.
7.1 Personnel Plan
- President: Operations and business development, assorted activities.
- Groomer: Responsible for the maintenance of the trails.
- Rentals: Operates the rental facility.
- Lessons: Instructors are paid on an hourly basis. They will be working 20-30 hours a week. If there are not sufficient enough customers for lessons, then they will be helping out the other staff. The business will be fairly intimate based on its modest size, meaning that everyone helps out everyone else when possible. So regardless if you have a primary position in the company, you are expected to assist the others when your work load is low.
- Misc: This person will work in the snack shop and help out in the gift/pro shop when needed. They will be able to do a wide range of tasks since the offerings of the snack shop are fairly limited and do not require much labor to prepare.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|