Skate Park NW
SP was formed as a skate skiing park for residents of Eugene, Salem, Bend, and surrounding communities. It offers 25 miles of groomed skate ski trails, rentals, and a lodge. SP will address the need for skate skiing in the Willamette area of the Cascades since currently the only area to skate ski is Mt Bachelor. SP will appeal to both beginners who are trying skating for the first time and to seasoned professionals.
2.1 Company Ownership
SP is a privately-held Oregon Corporation. Sarah Sckeei is the principal stockholder.
2.2 Start-up Summary
SP will need the following equipment at startup:
- Enough office equipment for three desk areas;
- Ski rentals, 20 pairs of skis with bindings, 60 pairs of boots, 25 pairs of poles;
- Snowmobiles with grooming tractor pulls (2);
- Various construction materials to renovate the existing building into a lodge.
SP has secured an existing large cabin which it will renovate into a lodge and rental area. Through a licensing agreement with the National Forest Service, SP was able to negotiate the right to use Forest roads as skate trails. The Forest roads are perfect for skate trails, they are flat width-wise, the right width in feet and they go through the mountains. SP will use the lodge as the base of operations and will use the snowmobiles to groom the miles and miles of new skate trails.
In addition to this equipment needed for startup, Skate Park will require the following equipment for its snack bar and small gift/pro shop:
- Commercial freezer and refrigerator;
- Assorted serving dishes and pots/utensils;
- Unit electric heating elements (2);
- Espresso machine (subsidized by the espresso bean vendor);
- Shelves, display racks, hanging units;
- Cash register.
|Total Start-up Expenses||$67,056|
|Other Current Assets||$0|
|Start-up Expenses to Fund||$67,056|
|Start-up Assets to Fund||$122,944|
|Total Funding Required||$190,000|
|Non-cash Assets from Start-up||$70,000|
|Cash Requirements from Start-up||$52,944|
|Additional Cash Raised||$0|
|Cash Balance on Starting Date||$52,944|
|Liabilities and Capital|
|Accounts Payable (Outstanding Bills)||$0|
|Other Current Liabilities (interest-free)||$0|
|Additional Investment Requirement||$0|
|Total Planned Investment||$190,000|
|Loss at Start-up (Start-up Expenses)||($67,056)|
|Total Capital and Liabilities||$122,944|