Colloquy Grog Shop
Colloquy Grog Shop is a bar/coffee shop designed to bring together singles and create an environment that allows people to comfortably meet each other. This is done through a structured conversation system that eliminates uncertainty regarding the social dynamic by creating structure through the use of conversation topics assigned to each table. This structure allows people to be feel more comfortable in meeting new people at the bar/coffee shop because the uncertainty of how to act is eliminated, the structure guides the interaction with the people at the table.
The Colloquy Grog Shop will be set up in the hip, upcoming industrial area of NW Portland. This area is a rapidly emerging night stop for the targeted demographic. Because the rented space will be an old warehouse the lease costs are quite reasonable. The tradeoff for the very reasonable lease is slightly higher tenant improvements required at start up.
2.1 Company Ownership
Colloquy Grog Shop is an Oregon corporation solely owned by Karen Kibbutz.
2.2 Start-up Summary
Colloquy Grog Shop will incur the following start-up costs:
- Commercial espresso machine.
- Commercial coffee machine, grinder.
- Refrigerator and freezer.
- Bar counter and bar stools.
- Eight tap beer system (including refrigerator unit) and pint glasses.
- Point of sale terminal with cash register.
- Computer system with CD-RW, printer, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Pro and an Internet connection.
- 15 four-top tables and 60 chairs.
- Installation of sinks in the bar area.
- Commercial oven and range.
- Large counter.
- Assorted cook ware and utensils.
- Three telephones, fax machine and copier.
Please note that the following items which are considered assets to be used for more than a year will be labeled long-term assets and will be depreciated using G.A.A.P. approved straight-line depreciation method.
|Start-up Expenses to Fund||$1,150|
|Start-up Assets to Fund||$118,850|
|Total Funding Required||$120,000|
|Non-cash Assets from Start-up||$50,000|
|Cash Requirements from Start-up||$68,850|
|Additional Cash Raised||$0|
|Cash Balance on Starting Date||$68,850|
|Liabilities and Capital|
|Accounts Payable (Outstanding Bills)||$0|
|Other Current Liabilities (interest-free)||$0|
|Family and friends||$80,000|
|Additional Investment Requirement||$0|
|Total Planned Investment||$120,000|
|Loss at Start-up (Start-up Expenses)||($1,150)|
|Total Capital and Liabilities||$118,850|
|Total Start-up Expenses||$1,150|
|Other Current Assets||$0|