Storing pictures in a scrapbook–the idea has been around for a long time. Unfortunately, acid and wood by-products used in paper can damage photographs (ever noticed an older photograph that has yellowed and faded?). In recent years new technology in acid-free and lignin-free paper has revolutionized this method of preserving photographs and has made “scrap booking” even more popular as a hobby. Today’s scrap books are creative, colorful, decorated with everything imaginable, and really tell a story…your story. It is an amazing way of preserving and displaying the precious memories that otherwise might fade away in that dusty box of photos under the bed.
The rising interest in scrap books as a hobby can also bring frustration when supplies are not readily available. Local craft stores who don’t specialize in the field may only carry limited inventory. Additionally, store clerks may not have the knowledge or experience to answer questions or explain the different techniques about scrap books.
It’s Scrappy! will focus on providing a wide variety of scrap books supplies at competitive prices. The goal of the owner and her employees will be to stay informed and up to date on the products, tools and techniques used in creating scrap books and to establish in their surrounding community as the one and only stop for scrapper’s needs.
1.1 Keys to Success
Supply Availability: Offering to the customer those supplies which they currently cannot obtain anywhere else locally will make It’s Scrappy! the number one place to purchase or order all of their scrap books supplies.
- Prices: It’s Scrappy! will have competitive prices and will strive to have the lowest pricing for most of the scrap books categories in the local area. We have created method to track pricing of our competitors and compare it to the prices of our suppliers. This will be constantly reviewed and updated to help us achieve our lowest price goal.
- Classes: It’s Scrappy! will offer a wide range of classes to teach customers of all ages and skill levels in the art of scrap books. The staff will stay abreast of the newest scrap books techniques to help customers create memorable scrapbook pages that they can be proud of.
- Page Design: For the customers that don’t have the time to make their own scrap books, It’s Scrappy! will offer special one-on-one consultations to design and produce scrapbook pages especially for them.
- Location: Our store is located in a fast-growing area that will continue grow, with more new businesses opening up on a regular basis. The building is well located, spacious, easily accessible, has ample parking and is very convenient for not only the local community but also for the surrounding areas.
The mission of It’s Scrappy! is to to create a pleasant, fun environment to help our customers create scrap books that will solidify their photo memories and preserve them for lifetimes to come.
Focus on customer satisfaction by stocking our store with items they cannot find anywhere in our area along with the items that they can.
- Tracking competitor prices along with our supplier’s prices will allow us to keep our prices slightly lower than the competitors on most of our supplies and draw more customers to our store.
- Keeping on top of the newest trends and techniques in the scrap books world by attending classes and subscribing to magazines.