Blue Sky Satellite Communications
Strategy and Implementation Summary
- We aim to emphasize service and support. Blue Sky does not just sell the service to the client and leave it at that. We will communicate with the client on an ongoing basis with important information about the product or service which has been delivered.
- We aim to build a long-term relationship with the customer. As recurring income is the aim of this business, we need to maintain as many clients as is possible. This means that we have to have constant contact with our clients. This is achieved by sending out newsletters and emails so that they are kept up-to-date with all that is happening in the marketplace.
- Focus on target markets. Having a goal and focus on a certain market segment will make Blue Sky successful. As we have been in the business for many years, we understand the constant changes in requirements, and, due to a lean management structure, we are able to make the required decisions on new markets rather quickly and efficiently. This then lends itself to have the necessary focus on the market segment as its’ needs change.
- Differentiate and fulfill the promise. We aim to be different from other service providers. We want to be the household name in Africa when it comes to satellite services of any sort. We want to provide pre-paid services and rural telephony and get involved in the education of the users and sub-users of our products. We want to meet all our promises and go the extra mile for those who need it most.
5.1 Competitive Edge
Our competitive edge is our positioning as a strategic ally with our clients, who are clients more than customers. By building a business based on long-standing relationships with satisfied clients, we simultaneously build defenses against competition. The longer the relationship stands, the more we help our clients understand what we offer them and why they need it.
5.2 Sales Strategy
- We need to sell the company, not the product. We sell Blue Sky Satellite Communications, not Inmarsat, Iridium, Gilat, Thrane & Thrane, or Nera, or any of our airtime providers names.
- We have to sell our service and support. The hardware is like the razor, and the support, service, software services, training, and seminars are the razor blades. We need to serve our customers with what they really need.
5.2.1 Sales Forecast
The sales chart and table summarize our ambitious sales forecast–we expect sales to increase.
|New Iridium Hardware||$492,000||$885,600||$1,062,720|
|Direct Cost of Sales||2001||2002||2003|
|New Iridium Hardware||$258,500||$462,294||$558,353|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$16,234,151||$24,939,040||$42,507,546|