Play Time for Kids
This document has been prepared to provide the reader with information about Play Time for Kids, including business structure, company goals, projected growth, venture capital requirements, start-up costs, an investment analysis and the industry trends.
Play Time for Kids has identified the family entertainment industry as its primary interest and to that end the company has focused its efforts on the development of one or more family entertainment centers (FEC) to provide quality family entertainment activities to the communities in the Our County, Big City area.
Focused on family entertainment in a family-oriented community, Play Time for Kids is a company primed to take advantage of an expanding and profitable industry.
Entertainment has become a buzzword of the new millennium. David L. Malmuth, senior vice president of the TrizenHahn Development Corp. has observed, “People are not just interested in buying things. They want an experience, adding that the keys to providing successful experiences are authenticity, fun and participation. Americans have money to spend and will spend it on entertaining themselves. In fact, statistics show that people in the United States spend more on entertainment than on health care or clothing.”
Quality family entertainment is the focus of Play Time for Kids. The construction and commercialization of one initial FEC is factored into the initial development phase detailed within. The company’s proposed FECs will be designed to provide the type of family entertainment and adventure the current market demands.
In addition to other funding and capitalization efforts detailed herein, the Company anticipates that it will seek funds from other sources who may assist in purchasing the building we will initially lease.
A recent census conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau found that from 1999 to 2000, personal consumption and expenditures for amusement and recreation increased by $31.5 billion, with an overall industry gross of $56.2 billion. Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the U.S: 2000 – The National Income and Product Accounts of the U.S., 1929-94, Vol.1.
With our strong management team and our aggressive marketing plan, we project a consistent and minimum annual growth of five percent.
The objectives for Play Time for Kids are:
- To create a service-based company which exceeds customers’ expectations.
- To increase the number of customers by at least 20% per year through superior customer service and word-of mouth referrals.
- Have a clientele return rate of 90% by end of first year.
- Become an established community destination by end of first year.
- Educate the community on what the company has to offer.
The company will become the industry leader in Northeast Our County.
To provide excellent child play care in a kid-friendly atmosphere while ensuring our customers, both parent and child, receive excellent service in a playful, educational, and safe environment.
1.3 Keys to Success
The keys to success in our business are:
- Superior Customer Service: high-quality hourly care and service.
- Environment: provide a clean, upscale, enjoyable environment conducive to giving professional trusting service.
- Convenience: offer clients a wide range of services in one environment.
- Location: provide an easily accessible location for customer convenience.
- Reputation: credibility, integrity, and 100% dedication.
- Indoor activities for year-round entertainment.
- Facility designed to curb overcrowding.
- Seasoned management team.
The company believes that certain risk factors can be minimized by:
- Initial capitalization of the company to sustain operations through year one.
- Low overhead through the use of multi-skilled employees and continual training (i.e., child development classes).
- Strong customer base through aggressive marketing.
- Strong community ties and involvement with nonprofit organizations.