The Center provides an array of quality mental health and substance abuse/addiction services to individuals, couples, and families. The service population includes people of all age ranges. Specifically, services include psychopharmacology, psychotherapy, substance abuse programs, and contracted mental health services. A multidisciplinary staff provides quality treatment of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, behavioral disorders, post traumatic stress disorders, stress management, substance abuse disorders, and gambling addiction disorders.
3.1 Service Description
There are four components of the Center that interact closely with each other, and also with the consumer's primary care physician, when appropriate. The philosophy of treatment recognizes the totality of the individual in his or her life situation. This includes the interconnection of multiple dimensions from biomedical to spiritual, as well as external relationships of the individual to the family and larger social groups.
- Psychopharmacology: This service is provided by licensed and board certified psychiatrists (MD/DO) and certified nurse specialists (RNCNS). Persons utilizing this service may or may not be in therapy, but need medication to stabilize the presenting symptoms and to facilitate a return to the person's previous level of functioning. All age groups are treated. The average number of sessions is ten per year. Treatment is tailored to the needs of the individual and guided by an individualized treatment plan based on a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment of the individual and their family, if appropriate. Rates are contracted.
- Psychotherapy: This intervention is provided by independently licensed certified nurse specialists, psychologists, licensed mental health counselors, and licensed, independent social workers. The format of these services are individual, couple, family, and/or group sessions. All age groups are treated. The average number of sessions is eight per year. Treatment is tailored to the needs of the individual and is guided by an individualized treatment plan based on a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment of the individual and his/her family, if appropriate. Rates are contracted.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction: Substance Abuse and Addiction treatment centerians provide professionally-directed evaluation, treatment, and recovery services to persons with substance related disorders. Interventions are provided by licensed independent practitioners and/or certified alcohol and addiction counselors. These services are provided through individual and group modalities. The program consists of a four-week program that meets nine contact hours per week. Services are designed to treat the individual's level of illness severity and to achieve significant changes in an individual's addictive behavior. Treatment is tailored to the needs of the individual and guided by an individualized treatment plan based on a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment of the individual and his/her family, if appropriate. Rates are contracted.
- Contracted Services: Services provided to consumers within this category are generally provided off-site at another facility. The services are provided with associated staff and billed via the Center at contracted rates. Services include: consultation, psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, and addiction services.
3.2 Competitive Comparison
The Center provides quality, accessible service. The key to differentiation is to promote and evidence the mission of the Center to our customers in a meaningful and understandable manner. It is clear that we will not be able to compete doing "business as usual." Our approach will be customer directed. Our customers will be able to discern our intangible, as well as our tangible, benefits. Our dedicated focus on all our customers will place us ahead of our competitors. When compared with its competitors, the Center stands out in several respects:
- Environment. The Center is managed-care friendly; we provide prompt and accurate information as well as good communication. The Center has a shared treatment philosophy. Our services are accessible and cost effective.
- Marketability. When marketing our services to managed-care companies and preferred provider organizations, we take into consideration their needs. For example: group vs. individual treatment, family vs. individual treatment, after-hours accessibility, access on weekends, use and tracking of outcome measures, and customer satisfaction.
- Value-added Customer Contact. The Center provides free phone or face-to-face contact with therapists prior to treatment as a means of initiating a therapeutic relationship.
- Location and Ease of Access to Facility. The Center is easily accessible by both automobile and public transportation. It has a private entrance which provides confidentiality. It is accessible to the physically challenged and there is ample free parking.
- Promotion. Our customer-first philosophy will help attract new customers and maintain existing ones.
- Self-Assessment. A major thrust of the Center is to continuously self-assess our mode of operating in order to evaluate how user friendly the Center is for clients, referral sources, payor, staff and associates, and others.
- Integrated Delivery System. The Center has familiarity, understanding, and willingness to work closely with other health care providers. We are affiliated with an integrated health and behavioral health care system encompassing inpatient, partial, and outpatient services.
3.3 Sales Literature
At the time of this writing, our logo, brochure, business cards, and advertising are in the process of being developed. Our focus will be on selling the Center's perceived qualities and intangibles.
The key of fulfillment will be provided by the philosophy and principals of the business. The core values are customer focus, quality treatment, and professional expertise, as is evidenced by associates and staff performance, compassion, trust, and hard work.
3.5 Future Services
If the Center is to sustain its growth and other capacities, it must continuously strengthen its customer relations and identify their ongoing needs. We will watch closely for industry trends that may impact our delivery service system. Our energies will be focused on creative problem-solving solutions in how we deliver our service and how we reimburse our associates and staff for their hard work.