Strategy and Implementation Summary
In order to reach its goal of becoming a successful printing company, R & R Printing will adopt the following strategy:
- Emphasize expertise, professionalism, and reliability.
- Build a long-term relationship-oriented business.
- Provide solutions, service, and quality printing to our clients.
5.1 Strategy Pyramid
R & R Printing's marketing efforts depend on recognition for expertise, professionalism, and reliability. It starts with our known contacts, recommendations from satisfied clients, and continues with long-term fulfillment of our promises.
We have already developed a database of contacts from previous sales positions. We utilize our database to make regular contact and updates; most of our contact is face-to-face. This keeps our name and reputation in view of the customer as much as possible, so when a print need approaches these consumers choose R & R Printing for their printing needs.
5.2 Sales Strategy
Sales strategy for R & R Printing is simple and straightforward: customer satisfaction. Happy customers will be repeat customers, and they will provide referrals to new customers.
Sales forecast figures are based on Rob Scott's last five years of performance in this field while employed by another printing company.
Sales projections are detailed in the Sales by Year chart.
5.2.1 Sales Forecast
The important elements of the sales forecast are shown in the Sales Monthly chart and table. We expect a steady fast paced growth during the first year. Sales growth is estimated to grow at an estimated 50% annually through the first three years of operation.
5.3 Value Proposition
Our value proposition has to be different from the standard printing vendor. We offer our clients a vendor who is an ally, who is going to work for them and with them to obtain the product and service they want. Our confidence and ability translates into confidence for the consumer and a starting point towards developing long-term relationships and trust.
5.4 Competitive Edge
Our most important competitive edge is our relationship with our clients as a strategic ally. By building a business based on long-standing relationships with satisfied clients we simultaneously build defenses against competition. The longer the relationship stands, the more we help our clients understand what we offer and why they need it.
5.5 Marketing Strategy
R & R Printing adheres to the theory that the goal of business is to create and keep customers. The marketing strategy will reflect this goal as R & R builds its reputation. Our focus will be:
- Reliability, expertise, and quality.
- Building long-term personal relationships with those that make the printing decisions for a company.
- Establishing face-to-face contact with the client as much as possible.
5.5.1 Distribution Strategy
R & R Printing's distributing strategy will focus on the the target market in the Dallas area to whom it will sell directly.
5.5.2 Marketing Programs
The most important marketing program for R & R Printing is to get the word out, through a combination of the following:
- Sending a letter of announcement with enclosed business cards to all existing contacts. Ronda Scott will be responsible with a budget of $1,500 and a milestone date of September 5, 2000. This program is intended to inform them of our services, excite the potential clients about our new endeavor, and create interest in R & R Printing. Achievement should be measured by the number of requests for printing quotes by these individuals.
- Making personal contact by calling and paying a personal visit to existing contacts. Rob Scott will be responsible with a budget of $600 and a milestone of October 10, 2000. This program is intended to establish personal relationships, and inform the contacts of our services. Achievement should be measured by the number of requests for printing quotes by these individuals.
5.5.3 Positioning Statement
For business professionals who want their printing accurate, on time, with the utmost reliability, R & R Printing is a vendor and ally who ensures high quality printing, fair pricing, and personal service. Unlike other printing vendors, R & R Printing establishes personal long-term relationships, goes to the customer to offer proactive ideas, solutions, services and quality printing.
5.5.4 Pricing Strategy
Much of our pricing is determined by market standards. R & R Printing will attempt to maintain margins of 30% to 35%. We will make every effort to maintain a competitive pricing policy.
5.5.5 Promotion Strategy
During our first few weeks of operation, we plan to mail a personal letter to all of our previous contacts, expressing our excitement of our new company, and offer quality printing and service. We will enclose our business cards in each letter so all contact information is easily accessible. We will also call and go directly to previous contacts in order to emphasize our personal service. We will depend on word of mouth by our satisfied clients, which will always be our most important means of promotion.
The accompanying table lists important program milestones, with dates, responsible parties, and budgets for each. The milestone schedule indicates our emphasis on planning for implementation.
What the table does not show is the commitment behind it. We will hold follow-up meetings every month to discuss accomplishments, variances and course corrections.