The Pottery Table
The Pottery Table is a new 44-seat paint-it-yourself pottery studio in Monroe. It’s fun. It’s easy. It’s a great place to have a party or create a one-of-a-kind gift.
The store staff provides the pre-fired pottery, supplies, and a clean, cozy, and relaxing place to put it all together–plus idea books and a helpful staff to get the “artist” started. The customers provide the inspiration to create unique gifts with a warm and personal touch–like a mug with a child’s handprint, a custom photo frame, or a bowl for a canine companion.
A customer can even create items to match home decor with unmatched creative flexibility and color choice. The Pottery Table supplies everything the “artist” needs:
- Hundreds of pre-fired pottery choices.
- A huge selection of non-toxic glazes.
- All the brushes, sponges, and supplies.
When the artist is finished, a clear glaze will be applied and the pottery will be re-fired. The customer can pick up his or her work in about a week. It’s food and dishwasher safe.
Janet Miller, owner of The Pottery Table, has been a pottery instructor for over ten years, including leading classes through the city’s recreation program. Over the ten years, she has instructed hundreds of children and adults in the joy of creating unique pottery.
The objectives of The Pottery Table are as follows:
- Achieve 80% class capacity in the studio within the first year of operation.
- Create a successful pre-school pottery program.
- Create a successful new mother’s pottery program.
- Create a successful seniors pottery program.
The mission of The Pottery Table is to provide customers a great creative environment in which to design and create their one-of-a-kind pottery.