Our biggest savings of the year
Healing Touch Massage
Healing Touch Massage is a sole proprietorship owned by Lavinia Watkins, LMT. Ms. Watkins has been a Licensed Massage Therapist in the State of Oregon since July 1984, and has run the business from a home-based location since then. The business has consistently been profitable since its inception.
We offer massage in a variety of styles – traditional Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue work, Sports Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Reflexology, and others.
This massage therapy business plan is being used to explore the cost effectiveness of expanding by moving the business into a downtown location. This would make the services more accessible to people who work full time, and also make the office more convenient for clients with medically-ordered massage therapy. Billing insurance companies for medically required massage is lucrative, but the nature of the therapy – usually 15 to 30 minute sessions, focused on a specific body area, with a short-term duration – makes it imperative that the clients can get in to see the therapist over their lunch hour or during their work day.
Our mission is to run a profitable business by providing therapeutic massage in a caring, professional environment. We offer massage in a variety of styles – traditional Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue work, Sports Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Reflexology, and others. Our goal is to tailor the client’s experience based on initial interview information, as well as in-the-minute feedback during the massage, to insure the client’s comfort and satisfaction, and to increase repeat business. We intend to offer massage that is effective, yet respectful of the client’s personal boundaries, so that the experience is relaxing and energizing for both the client and the provider. We are mindful of the overall experience – using quality oils and lotions, appropriate scents, and soothing music, nature sounds or silence – as the client prefers.
- Increase number of day-time clients by 100% by moving to a downtown location.
- Increase new clients by 50% by advertising locally.
- Find other LMT or other personal service provider to sublet space in new location.
Keys to Success
- Professionalism: which includes everything from maintaining confidentiality, to keeping our LMT training up-to-date, to maintaining good boundaries between clients and therapist.
- Individual Attention: making that extra effort to customize each client’s experience to his or her preference.
- Repeat business/Recommendations: giving the kind of service that brings people back for regular treatments, and encourages clients to recommend us to friends, and other health professionals to recommend their clients.