The Pasta Tree
The Pasta Tree is the only fresh pasta retail producer in the city of Springfield. For the past three years, the company has sold its fresh pasta products out of its own storefront and in the city’s five natural food stores. The company has built a loyal consumer base with customers that have increased sales by 15% each year for the past three years. This year, The Pasta Tree will gross more than $300,000 in sales. This was generated from an initial investment of $80,000.
The Pasta Tree is planning to expand its operation to include distribution to the major supermarket chains within the entire city. There are fifteen major supermarkets that operate in Springfield and over thirty-five smaller grocery stores that serve the metro and expanding suburban communities. To meet the increased product demand, The Pasta Tree will have to double production. Owner funding and internally generated cash flow will enable only a portion of the expansion plan. The Pasta Tree will secure a $50,000 loan to fund the expansion of its production facility. Sales projections for the next three years are based on current sales success with the target customer base in Springfield.
This plan will result in sales revenues growing to almost $420,000 by Year 3.
The Pasta Tree is located in a 3,000 square feet facility that operates as a storefront and a production facility. With the expansion, 3/4 of the area will be dedicated to production. The preparation of the new production space will cost $10,000. The new equipment will cost an additional $30,000. The company will also have to upgrade its packaging equipment to meet the new demand. This will cost $10,000.
The Pasta Tree will embark on a new marketing program in supermarkets and grocery stores that will be carrying its products. Eye catching in-store displays have been created to attract new customers. The displays will also hold discount coupons to promote sales to new customers.
In conjunction with the introduction of the products, The Pasta Tree will be a major sponsor of the Canal Run which raises funds for children’s cancer research.
The objectives of The Pasta Tree are the following:
- Expand production facility without compromising product quality.
- Establish strong sales in the city’s major supermarket chains.
- Maintain tight control of cost and operation during expansion.
The Pasta Tree’s mission is as follows:
- Quality: Our products are the highest quality and the freshest pasta available to the consumers.
- Value: We offer greater value to the consumer with nutritious products that have tremendous flavor.
- Integrity: Our customers depend on the quality of our pasta products. Our commitment to the highest standard is the foundation of our customers trust in The Pasta Tree. We promise our customer that they will never be disappointed with our products.