Web Applications has developed an Internet-based application called Online Office Manager, for which a patent is pending. Online Office Manager allows businesses and individuals to keep in touch effectively even with a distance factor. Online Office Manager provides applications which replace the physical office. With Online Office Manager, your office moves with you at all times and you have 24-hour access to it. Users can get Online Office Manager by subscribing to our server on the Internet. There is no need to buy any software or upgraded versions of the software.
3.1 Service Description
- Communication and productivity. This feature will allow you to see who is online within an organization. Our communication feature will enable the user to initiate and conduct a chat session, and will give them the means to initiate NetMeeting. Users can send and receive files directly through the Internet. Documents can also be stored in one central location.
- Email. Users will be able to send and receive emails and faxes in a personal mailbox. Within the email tool, users can create and use different folders to hold their private email. They will also have quick access to folders in an organization, and the ability to create and maintain an address book.
- Messaging. Users will be able to send text messages to others online. This feature will receive and log messages giving a "while you were out" type application.
- Schedules. Scheduling meetings can be done en-mass, i.e. users select a group of users and request a meeting. They can also specify which users must be present for the meeting to occur, and which are optional. When confirmations are received for all those required, a message is placed on everyone's calendar. The user will also be able to set up scheduled reminders that fire off at a certain time. The system can maintain a database of resources. For the individual users, they can store their own personal schedule.
- Document Management. Users can store different documents on the system. Checked-in documents are saved in a manner which will allow for easy retrieval at a later time. Document searching can be done using a keyword, and the document can be viewed in a number of different formats without having to install any software.
- Online bill payments. This service will be name branded from services like Checkfree. It will allow users to electronically pay bills all in one location.
- Threaded bulletin board. This allows users to leave messages and multiple individuals to respond, leave their own message, and track the history.
- Package tracking. Users can view the status of packages that are being shipped with FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Travel planner. Will allow users to make travel arrangements and get discounts. Users can create travel profiles and itineraries online.
- Credit check services. This will allow users to check credit ratings of potential business partners or vendors.
- Conduct surveys. Users can create a survey and distribute it on the system. Responses can be given and returned to the system where they will be tabulated and maintained.
Online Office Manager comes in three packages and customers can choose the one with the applications that best suit their needs.
3.2 Future Services
In the future, we will implement Phase 2 of our plan. Our research and development (R&D) will yield innovation with input from customers and the marketplace. Given below is a detailed look at the future applications that will be a part of the Phase 2 program. The biggest and most complex application of Phase 2 will be the telephone/fax service.
A full-blown phone messaging service will be provided, and users can get a number on our phone network from which they can get messages. The existence of messages will be indicated in the user mailbox and the user can play them over the computer (sound card and speakers are required). The same number can also be used to receive faxes. Faxes will be received and stored in one central location, then placed in the user mailbox. The user can then retrieve them in an image, forward them to a real fax machine, or forward them to an email address. The user will also be able to fax documents over the Internet through our system. They can drag and drop a document on the fax button, give a phone number, and the document will be routed to our system and automatically faxed to the desired number (long distance charges will be added to the bill). The service will allow two people to connect over the Internet using microphone and speakers as a Web-phone (this will provide great savings on long distance phone calls).
Other Future Applications
- Work flow--Enables sales representatives in the field to initiate customer orders with auto routing approval and notification management.
- Company activities planner--Increase access to information about company activities.
- Online purchasing system--For order entry, inventory tracking, and office supplies and equipment.
- Time sheet reporting--Enables employees to fill out daily time sheets online and route them into responsible department using project name or unique ID.
- Knowledge-based application--Provides a discussion database for sharing knowledge and information that is valuable within the company.
- Vacation request--Individuals can request vacation time and managers can approve or reject the request online.
- While you were out application--Will enable messages to be taken and sent to user's mailbox.
- Account tracking application--For sales persons, this feature will provide a process for tracking customer information and competitive opportunities.
- Job postings--Enables people to browse various categories and sub-categories of ads and submit resumes.