Workwell is convinced that the well-being of client/company is imperative to the health of our community. Workwell understands that accidents, illnesses, and sick days directly affect business efficiency, morale and profit. Maintaining healthy employees translates into a more productive work force. Workwell exists to encourage employees to set personal health improvement goals while reinforcing good principles.
Workwell will work with the company’s senior management to develop a wellness strategy that best suits the needs of each individual employer. The wellness strategy will be a continuous effort that combines both health-promotion and exercise-related activities designed to facilitate positive lifestyle changes in members of a company’s work force. Workwell is a multi-faceted program, designed to address the spectrum of services that employers require to take care of their employees. Workwells’ spectrum of services will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work Environment Assessment.
- Screening and Testing Services.
- Tailored Physical Evaluation & Ability Assessment Services.
- Patient Tracking and Information System.
- Regulatory Compliance Services.
- On-site Professional Staffing & Consultation Services.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Health Promotion & Wellness Services.
- Rehabilitation Services.
Our Workwell programs will help companies achieve the following results:
- Reduce employee health care costs.
- Increased productivity.
- Reduced absenteeism.
- Enhanced morale.
- Attract and retain high-quality employees.
- Create a positive Return On Investment (ROI).
3.1 Service Description
Work Environment Assessment:
This is the first step in the Workwell program. This simple questionnaire assesses an employee’s lifestyle habits and medical history to determine which programs will help reach the company’s health goals. It also assesses the readiness of a person to change. (It can be taken on-line or in person; printed versions available in English or Spanish). Once the employees have taken the survey, the employer receives a report summarizing their strengths and risks, as well as their stage of readiness for change to better health. (The online version responds with the individual report within seconds).
Workers’ Compensation & Case Management:
The Workwell Center provides a premier program of care and case management of workers’ compensation injuries. Our proactive approach program utilizes a multiple level system which begins prior to an individual employee’s first day of work. Workers’ Compensation costs and disability costs are driven by lack of early intervention, lack of communication, and poor oversight. Workers’ Compensation claims can be profoundly reduced by early return to work through coordination with the employer to provide immediate temporary assignments. Workwell offers a state-of-the-art facility for the acute management of work injuries. We promote early mobilization through modified duty and excellent communication to allow the employer maximum involvement:
- Easy access, walk-in care clinic.
- Early communication (called at time of patient arrival).
- Post-treatment physician communication.
- Case Management by a Board Certified provider.
- Physician-to-Physician communication for outside referrals.
Screening and Testing Services:
The Workwell center offers a complete spectrum of screening examinations designed to meet the changing needs of industry. Whether mandated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) or indicated by corporate policy, Workwell can create and provide an examination program specific to the employer needs. We offer low cost screening programs as a first line approach in looking for health problems in the work force. Comprehensive testing services are also available from Workwell. We offer a range of specific tests designed to identify potential problems and arrive at a diagnosis. A partial listing of the screening and testing services available include:
- Pulmonary Function- performed by NIOSH certified technicians using the most accurate spirometry equipment available.
- Audiometry- reviewed by NIOSH certified audiologist in compliance with OSHA hearing conservation standards.
- Cardiac- including EKG and low-risk cardiac stress testing.
- Vision- including visual acuity, peripheral vision and color blindness testing, as well as glaucoma screenings.
- X-rays- performed by registered technicians using the latest equipment and read by a board-certified radiologist.
- Alcohol and drug- sample collections supervised by trained technicians; DOT and non-DOT testing available; Medical Review Officer available.
- Laboratory Services- complete blood count, blood chemistry profile, urinalysis, and other specialty blood work upon need or request.
Tailored Physical Evaluation & Ability Assessment Services:
Complementing the comprehensive screening and testing programs is an array of specialized physical evaluation and ability assessment services. We offer a variety of different examinations, each specifically designed to meet the particular needs of the employer, employee, and the job. A listing of these include:
- Post – Offer (pre-placement).
- Periodic (including medical surveillance).
- Bus Driver.
- Respirator Clearance.
- Fitness-For-Duty (evaluation and examination to determine patient’s ability to return to work safely).
- Disability Evaluation.
Patient Tracking and Information System:
The comprehensive patient tracking and information system will enable us to either call or fax information to the respective employer regarding the medical status of the employee during the initial injury treatment session. This provides the employer with up-to-the-minute information helpful in making accommodations so their company operation can continue with as little interruption as possible. The employer is informed regarding the employee’s diagnosis, current status, recommended treatment plan and any follow-up appointment(s) required. The employer also receives a phone call or fax after each follow-up visit. All records are collected and stored in one place, making them accessible with just one phone call. Each patient signs an authorization to release pertinent records to the employer and the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. Future confidentiality issues are avoided by this proactive approach, making records and reports available when needed.
Regulatory Compliance Services:
As part of the comprehensive approach to occupational health and safety, Workwell will offer a set of services to guide businesses through federal, state, and local safety and environmental compliance issues. Through a Professional Network, Workwell will be able to provide legal and technical resources in the following areas:
- Asbestos Management.
- OSHA/EPA Regulatory Compliance.
- Hazardous Waste/Materials Management.
- Back Injury Prevention.
- Chemical Right-To-Know Inventory & Data Processing.
- Facility Safety Audits.
- OSHA Citation Defense/Remediation.
- Indoor Air & Industrial Hygiene Studies.
On-site Professional Staffing & Consultation Services:
This is a service provided for larger companies, specifically those who outsource their medical staff. It entails the medical professionals in conjunction with the mobile services van, providing a comprehensive medical clinic right at the employer’s place of business. The services provided are:
- Conduct health screenings and appraisals (i.e. cholesterol, blood pressure, cancer, heart attack risks, stress) to promote healthier lifestyles and identify medical concerns in the early stages.
- Train employee in basic emergency medical skills (first aid, CPR, etc.)
- Active medical surveillance for employees in hazardous jobs and those at risk of medical conditions that develop over time.
- Assistance with policies and procedures for compliance with federal, state and company regulations.
- Walk-through assessments to help evaluate the effectiveness of safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs.
- Implement and manage programs for injury and illness prevention (job modifications, back care education, safety education programs etc.)
Employee Assistance Program:
The EAP service offers an integrated continuum of services for employees and family members having personal problems such as alcohol/substance abuse, emotional, marital, family, career, legal or financial concerns. EAP services are designed to provide employers, employees and their families with confidential and professional resources to address problems that affect their quality of work and quality of life. Following are some of the services provided:
- Immediate 24-hour access to qualified clinicians.
- Face-to-face counseling in off-site offices.
- Substance Abuse Professional Services.
- “Brown Bag” Psycho-educational seminars.
- Articles for internal company newsletter.
- Financial/Debt management consultation and referral.
Health Promotion & Wellness Services:
An employee is a company’s greatest asset. So how can employees stay healthy? The answer is with health & wellness programs through Workwell. We offer a customized package of programs to help employees recognize and overcome health habits.
- Stress Management Classes and Critical Incident debriefing- provides employees with information about stress and how it affects the body, with practical techniques to turn stress into positive energy on the job and at home.
- Smoking Cessation Classes- strives to reduce the desire for tobacco through a combination of behavioral modification, stress management, and nutritional awareness tips.
- Back Care program-a comprehensive look at the principles of preventing back injury. Instruction emphasizes personal responsibility and provides the foundation for back injury prevention and safety in the work place.
- Cancer Screenings- screening tests for the early detection of colo-rectal, prostate, skin, and breast cancer.
- Heart Attack Prevention Program- a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s risk for heart attack that is further enhanced by counseling, education and follow-up to motivate the individual to take action.
- Health Risk Appraisal- a computerized risk factor analysis which pinpoints an employee’s health risks and ways to reduce or eliminate those risks.
- General Health Program- a general program of education and screenings, including total cholesterol, HDL (good) cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure, body fat composition, and nutritional analysis.
- Customized Fitness & Nutritional programs- physician prescribes exercise programs personalized for each employee group or individual. Exercise programs can focus on cardiovascular fitness, muscular fitness, and/or endurance training. Our staff is also available to provide consultation and management services at your company-located exercise facility or gym. Nutrition education programs are provided through the guidance and supervision of a licensed nutritionist who can custom design a healthier eating program for the work force.
Our mobile unit is a 36-foot customized Barth van that houses equipment, supplies, materials and staff. The wide variety of services available through our mobile services program fall into two main categories: medical screening/testing/examination services and safety, health promotion & wellness programs. As with all the services available through Workwell, you can select the individual programs that best meet your needs. In addition, many of the offerings can be bundled into a single money-saving package.
All of our health & wellness services are available through our mobile services program or at the Workwell facility and are conducted by our professional staff.
Patients who require follow-up rehabilitation services will be referred to the new Centroflex Rehabilitation Center. This state-of-the-art facility is staffed by a Board Certified Physiatrist who will provide our patients with quality acute outpatient care, inclusive of physical therapy and occupational therapy. Some of the treatment includes aquatic therapy, computerized multi-joint , isotonic, and testing.
3.2 Alternative Providers
Workwell’s distinguishing factors are:
- The pioneer Industrial Occupational Medicine Program.
- Sponsored by Centroplex Health System.
- Established network of Primary and Specialty Providers.
- Tailored Wellness Strategies.
Workwell will be Killeen’s pioneer Industrial Medicine program. It will be the first of its kind, providing Killeen and the surrounding service-area employers with the full spectrum of occupational medicine programs. Additionally, being part of Centroplex Health System will enable Workwell to offer its services in conjunction with state-of-the-art ancillary and specialty services, were the need to arise. As part of Centroplex hospital, our patients/clients will belong to a network of providers allowing for prompt scheduling of referrals.
Workwell’s main objective will be to work with client employers to implement an unmatched wellness strategy that will ultimately improve employee productivity while significantly reducing health care costs. Workwell will develop a vested interest in each work force being that an integral component of this service is following up and monitoring each individual employee.
3.3 Printed Collaterals
The business will begin with a brochure establishing the position and describing the services provided. The sales literature will include services offered at the Centroplex Urgent Care Clinic, the Centroplex Emergency Department, Centroflex, Pavilion, Home Care, and through our network of primary care and specialty physicians.
Direct mail pieces are being developed.