Strategy and Implementation Summary
EbonySun Entertainment resort utilize the following marketing strategy to win competition in nightlife entertainment.
Differentiation by Innovation in Entertainment – Brand Strategy
- The facility provides world’s best nightlife entertainment with 10 individually- themed nightclub rooms for people with different tastes, 2 VIP Luxury rooms, 4 Restaurants on seating 300 and the other a midnight cafe type of restaurant, 1 Sports Central Game room with over 100 TVs with various world sporting events and over 200 Gaming devices for customer entertainment.
Specialized Products & Service – Create Brand Loyalty
- Large Dance floors, national and international theme-based multi-level nightclubs, live concerts, rock, hip hop, pop, metal music and ozone music entertainment, grill, Tuscan bay, Asian foods pavilion, etc.
Customer Incentive Programs – Repeated Customer Creation
- Satisfy the wants and needs of various target market and make them select EbonySun as one and only place for nightlife entertainment
- Highly targeted marketing to make people visit the facility. Various consumer and corporate promotional strategies will be used to invite customers to the resort.
Keeping Cost Down
- The management will be stressing the needs to keep the administrative costs down at the same time provide good quality products and service.
Focus on Local Market
- EbonySun concentrates in the Metropolis, Gotham area. The marketing will be initially targeted toward the 5 million people in Gotham. Slowly the marketing programs will expand into other states. By concentrating in local market, the company can use available demographic and behavioral information to create success.
The competitive edge of EbonySun Entertainment Resort is its variety of theme-based nightclubs. Such a huge facility is not available in this area or anywhere in United States – you’d have to visit 10 different Las Vegas clubs to get the same variety. The uniqueness of this facility will help us compete successfully against the small bars and nightclubs in the state. It will have the best of the broad entertainment programs with national and international dance and live concert entertainment with availability of various variety of food will create a world class facility for nightlife entertainment.
The location of EbonySun facility is another major factor stressing successful operation. The 150 colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius will help the facility to attract vast majority of students from colleges and universities. With no major competitors in the vicinity, the resort will be able to generate excellent cash flow through entertainment.
The company will use various marketing strategies and tactics to attract the target market to visit the facility. There will be EbonySun Mobile Party Units, which are buses carrying various themes with seating capacity for 10 to 15 people per trip available for transportation between colleges, malls and sports venues to the entertainment resort. This will help promoting the resort and its facility to mass market in Gotham/Metropolis area. The main marketing strategy will be as follows.
Advertising through EbonySun Mobile Party Units
- Buses carrying various themes with seating capacity of 10-15 people shuttle between resort and malls/colleges/sports venues.
Promotional Pricing for College Students
- College Students will be offered initial low price tickets for their first entry to the resort
- High quality advertisements will be shown on T.V to attract students, singles and tourist markets
- Magazine ads for the entertainment resort. Selected advertisements will be shown in business, fashion, life style and various youth magazines explaining about the facility and themes based entertainment of the resort.
- Newspaper Ads – Ads will be placed in local and national news papers to create a brand image among people and also to create awareness about the new facility
- Billboards – Billboard advertisement of the resort facility will be kept in major city areas, sports venues and high ways near colleges to attract people towards the resort.
- Radio Ads – Advertisement and promotions will be made through selective radio channels and various competitions and awards will be offered to make the people visit EbonySun facility
- Banners will be kept during sports venues and major school leagues to create awareness of facility in students markets
Corporate Promotional Pricing
- We will create tie-ins with various corporations to conduct business dinner and parties in EbonySun facility at affordable price
Direct Mail Campaigning
- Flyers and leaflets showing high quality pictures of various entertainment themes will be send by direct mail to people living in Gotham/Metropolis area
Monthly/Yearly Membership Programs
- Company will promote yearly and monthly membership prices which will be lower than regular prices to promote repeated customer visits.
Travel Agency & Hotel Chain Tie-ups and Package Pricing
- Various fliers and ticketing will be made available in travel agencies and major hotels to create awareness among tourists and attract them towards facility.
The Sales Strategy is based on making a sale and creating a repeat customer through long-term relationships. The sales force will be divided in territorial areas to concentrate various market segments. Separate teams will be responsible for sales revenue from College Students, Corporate Customers, Couples & Individuals, etc.
The Sales Strategy will be based on the following points.
- Prospecting – Make relationships with customers and generate repeated sales
- Targeting – Targeting will be done through college campaigns, college sports advertisements, corporate get-together promotions, etc.
- Selling – Approach, present, answer questions and make a sale
- Information Gathering – Market research in varying customer attitudes and change sales tactics accordingly
The sales force will be structured based on territorial control. The sales team will be given incentives based of number of new account creations, existing account maintenance, call frequencies to customers, relationship building, etc.
The sales force for the college student market will provide promotional pricing, including monthly and yearly membership passes for students market. Various mobile party tours will be conducted, with mobile units providing free travel and entertainment to make initial customer contacts. Separate party and one day free admission will be provided to various people segments to make them come to the nightclubs. We will contact and build relationships with corporate customers which involve separate parties and meeting areas in the facility. Direct Mail sales and marketing will be done with various price promotions to attract local Gotham people to the facility.
The following table and chart shows the sales revenue for each month and projected sales for the next four years by bar beverage sales, restaurant food sales and cover charges for admission. The cover charge applies only to dance and game rooms and bars; restaurant-only customers pay no cover. The sales revenue will increase in coming years due to the increased publicity of this unique facility in Gotham and other parts of U.S. The business revenues are seasonal with highest revenue during spring and summer and reduced revenue during winter seasons.
The sales price also includes all excise taxes charged on food and alcohol. (These are repaid in the Profit and Loss table.)
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Total Unit Sales||2,972,790||3,364,674||3,910,712||4,658,881||5,805,011|
|Unit Prices||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Direct Unit Costs||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Direct Cost of Sales|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$4,944,606||$5,666,424||$6,617,189||$7,901,189||$9,906,492|