Cents and Senseibility Value-Priced Martial Arts School
The Can-Am Taekwondo Instructors and Schools Confederation has been active in the United States for the past 30 years. Being part of this organization will benefit Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School owned and operated by Rolly BonTemps, 5th Degree Black Belt.
The Can-Am Taekwondo Instructors and Schools Confederation (CATISC) is the premier North American organization dedicated to the martial arts discipline of taekwondo, and is the founding organization of other international affiliates, overseeing over 1,500 schools and clubs, registering over 300,000 members.
The focus of this program is to provide students the highest quality martial arts instruction available, in a safe and positive learning environment that people of all ages can enjoy. Rolly BonTemps, a high ranking instructor, will combine excellent student instructor ratios with state of the art training facilities. Instructor Rolly BonTemps, is a graduate of an instructor program that represents more than thirty years of research and development. He will be with students every step of the way to help them reach their individual goals (and maybe even reach some new goals they’ve never before thought possible).
Cents and Senseibility will be value-priced taekwondo martial arts school serving its customers in our community by providing several programs for a variety of purposes, ranging from basic martial arts, to self defense, to esteem and life skills building, and more. Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School plans to enhance its programs as it expands, developing new programs to ensure the students have as much access to the different aspects of Songahm Taekwondo as possible.
The art of self defense is becoming more and more popular with the young people of this country as the terrorist threats to this country have become reality. Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School will also offer self-defense techniques to local Law Enforcement in the area.
Cents and Senseibility will offer what we believe is the best martial art in the world. Taekwondo is an exciting and powerful martial art known for its dynamic kicking and hand techniques. Although these martial art techniques are centuries old, the planned programs being offered are always evolving to keep pace with the rapidly changing world.
Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School realizes that each student possesses different physical abilities. Size and strength vary with each individual. Once a student has acquired a strong foundation in the basics, Rolly BonTemps’ outlined program will enhance the student’s physical capabilities and maximize his/her self-defense skills.
Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School, is not interested in just teaching self-defense. Rolly BonTemps, as a certified instructor remains interested in the complete personal development of each student. Individual attention is a feature of each and every class, allowing all students to progress quickly and confidently toward their personal goals. Rolly BonTemps takes his responsibility as a role model for younger students seriously, teaching them the importance of strong character, leadership and good values.
The teaching curriculum at the Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School is based on two concepts: “positive mental attitude” and “high goal setting.” Rolly BonTemps is so positive about this program that he promises to give students and their families the most professional, well supervised, and highest quality classes available in any sport or art.
Future plans call for Cents and Senseibility to expand into Cardio Kick Boxing Classes for the young adults. Pilates (fitness exercise) Classes will also be offered to young and older adults.
Enrollment for the Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School is projected at 120-125 students as the break-even point for profitability. Under the value-priced structure being planned, based on past experience in marketing and selling the different plans, Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School is projecting 100-120 student enrollments within the first 6-8 months after opening. Student enrollment in the Cardio Kick Boxing classes is projected at 45-50, and the Pilates Exercising Classes are projected at 30-45 enrollments within the first six months after opening.
Our financial plan is based on reaching our target sales goals while maintaining a reasonable cost base. We plan to reach break-even sales volume in only four months after our opening and maintain a healthy 30+% bottom line profitability. If we reach our financial goals, we plan to acquire a stand-alone building for the Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School, which may better suit our growing needs.
- Identify an area within the community that is centrally located to local Elementary, Middle and High Schools by mid-summer 2003.
- Enter into lease agreement for 2,500-3,000 square foot (minimum) premises to establish Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School. This area will include store front and visitor seating area, dressing/rest rooms for male and female students.
- Actively recruit membership. The marketing plan to be adopted has been extremely successful at other taekwondo schools across the country. The success of this plan depends upon arranging with school administrations to visit local classrooms, especially at the Elementary School Level and provide a show and tell. Here it is demonstrated to the children what the martial art can teach them. Concentrating on discipline, self respect and self control, Rolly BonTemps works with the children for approximately one hour in the classroom setting. The success of this program over the past four years has been remarkable. As a result of this marketing plan, the membership for Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School is expected to grow by 8-10 children a week. The martial arts school, in which Rolly BonTemps is currently employed as lead instructor, has the highest membership for a single CATISC member Taekwondo school in the country. This was largely due to this marketing plan, which Cents and Senseibility will be following.
- Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School will actively seek out membership by marketing and handing out fliers, business cards, and advertisements at the local shopping centers, malls, and grocery stores in the area. This is expected to generate 8-10 members a week.
- Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School will offer Cardio Kick Boxing Classes for both the young and older adults. This will actively be marketed through handing out fliers, business cards, and advertisements. This is expected to generate 10-15 members for each of the first three months. Maintaining a class of 45-50 students by end of year one.
- Cents and Senseibility will offer Pilates Classes for young and older adults. Pilates is an aerobic exercise through stretching that is sweeping the country. The plan is to have a certified instructor by month one. Classes are expected to be enrolled at 10-15 members for each of the first three months. Maintaining a class of 45-50 students by the end of the first year.
- Cents and Senseibility plans to increase paid membership to 180-200 by the end of the first year (equivalent to 80% of school capacity).
- Develop a cash flow that allows for an investment build-up to support expansion, with plans to construct and own a stand-alone structure to support the functions of the Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School in the future.
To offer students the best in martial arts training, physically and mentally, Cents and Senseibility Martial Arts School will be established to provide a place where one can learn the art of Taekwondo and enjoy the experience while making the commitment to learn and improve one’s self esteem, concentration, discipline and self control. As students advance in rank from white to black belt they will gain the knowledge and experience that will last a lifetime.
1.3 Keys to Success
- Implement a solid budget and business plan.
- Establish a unique, modern, safe and clean martial arts school and environment.
- Focus on a good marketing plan to actively recruit students.
- Keep the students and family members happy and part of the Cents and Senseibility family.
- Plan on expanding to multiple locations.