Quaestor Services is a start-up company located in Smileyville, Plainstate, a suburb of Niceburg, providing both accounting and full-charge bookkeeping services and insurance and retirement products to individuals, families, and small businesses.
2.1 Company Ownership
Quaestor Services is a sole proprietorship, owned by Sheila Claflin. Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest with Native American Indian heritage, Sheila was relocated to Plainstate in 1994 by her employer.
She has over 30 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Management, and Consulting and recently received her Plainstate insurance agent license for Life, Health, Property and Casualty insurance.
In the near future she intends to receive her Series 6 Securities license and take H & R Block Income Tax Course.
2.2 Start-up Summary
Quaestor Services start-up costs include:
- Marketing/Lead Services: marketing and lead generation services to establish client base
- Website Development: professionally developed business website on the Internet
- Logo: professionally developed business logo for business recognition in the market place
- Stationary: the printing of letterhead and envelopes with the company logo
- Business Cards: the printing of business cards with company logo
- Brochures: development and printing of brochures for marketing the business
- Cell Phone and Pager: business cell phone and pager for communication with the clients at all times
- Office Supplies: supplies necessary to set up an office
- Training/Licensing: costs associated with the three state licenses required for insurance business
- Business Associations: membership into several business associations such as Chamber of Commerce
Quaestor Services long-term assets include:
- Laptop Computer: used in meetings with clients for printing insurance quotes and on-line applications
- PC Computer/Monitor: used in office for accounting services and record of business transactions
- Printer/Copier/Scanner: used in office for business transactions
Start-up costs come to $30,000 of which $15,000 is being financed by a direct owner investment. In the first six months of operation $15,000 financing is being sought after for the start-up costs. In mid-Year 1 an additional $10,000 in financing will be required to ensure business operations, marketing and stability during the first year of operation.
|Cell Phone and Pager||$300|
|Total Start-up Expenses||$15,000|
|Other Current Assets||$0|