Information Management Hawaii
By focusing on its strengths, its key customers, and the underlying values they need, Information Management Hawai’i, Inc. (IMH) will increase sales steadily in its first three years, while also maintaining the gross margin on sales, with a focus on cash management and working capital.
This business plan leads the way. It renews our vision and strategic focus: adding value to our target market segments, and reinforcing our ties with businesses in our local markets. It also provides the step-by-step plan for improving our sales, gross margin, and profitability.
This plan includes this summary, chapters on the company, products and services, market focus, action plans and forecasts, management team, and the financial plan.
1. Achieve healthy earnings (EBIT) in the first year of operation.
2. Maintain a midrange gross margin throughout the entire operation.
3. Maintain just-in-time (JIT) inventory levels, or 11 turns per year.
4. Increase sales modestly but steadily in the second and third years.
To provide the Hawai’i business community with quality brand-name Information Technology business information solutions, reliable and professional Technical Support, and unparalleled Customer Service through the application of the principles of Kina`ole and heartfelt aloha, and to earn a fair profit for our employee-owners and stakeholders by embracing sound, ethical business practices.
1.3 Keys to Success
The keys to our success are:
- Building and maintaining strategic alliances with our manufacturers and other industry related business partners;
- Adopting a customer- and market-focused sales and marketing paradigm; and,
- Managing the business by implementing, and consistently measuring and adjusting the fundamentals of a Balanced Scorecard:
- Financial Goals vs. Results
- Internal Business Process Goals vs. Results
- Employee Learning and Growth Goals vs. Results
- Customer Satisfaction Goals vs. Results