EquineAcres is a unique community environment catering to the unfulfilled needs of the equine owner. It is not a new concept, it is only new to the equine market which is massive, particular in Oklahoma. Golf communities, tennis resorts, and weekend retreats are all commonplace, but this well established theme as not been applied to the equine owner even though this special interest group is every bit as affluent and passionate as any golf or tennis player.
Until now, the equine owner has been forced to go to a variety of sources to accomplish what EquineAcres will put into a single, well run, facility. EquineAcres will provide a single source for the boarding, care, representation, serious practice, and playful enjoyment of the owner and their horse. In addition however, it will provide a community atmosphere designed to meet the emotional and social needs of the owners.
2.1 Start-up Summary
Important notes about the Start-up Table:
An overview of Start-up Requirements follows:
- The total investment needed to open EquineAcres = $150,000.
- Includes all land, equipment, inventory, and improvements to open.
- Includes six months operating capital: owner salary + loan payments + monthly expenses.
- EquineAcres hopes to secure funding for the full amount = $150,000.
2.2 Company Ownership
The final legal business entity format of EquineAcres is yet to be determined. Lender/investor preferences, along with legal/financial counsel, will make this final determination prior to, and as a condition of, funding.
2.3 Company Locations and Facilities
EquineAcres will be situated on a 160 acre, unimproved, "section" of land within one mile of a State Highway, in Central Oklahoma. This location will be within a 30 minute drive from the following cities: Stillwater, Guthrie, Chandler, Cushing, and Perkins, Oklahoma. It will be within 30 minutes drive from Oklahoma State University and Langston University. This area has been chosen because of its strategic location to several affluent markets and potential customers, ample land availability, and relatively low cost/acre of land. The intent is to secure an immediate purchase of 80 acres, with a two year lease option (including usage rights) on the additional 80 acres.
The 160 acre tract will then be developed to incorporate:
- 10: 5-acre tracts, each with perimeter fencing, private barn room, 110v electrical service, and water in.
- Central barn with close care stalls, tack shop, office, and public restrooms.
- Lighted arena for exclusive use of members and guests.
- Round-pens (2) for exclusive use of members and guests.
- Temporary holding pens (5) for new, sick, or problem horses.
- 80 acres (leased) for pleasure riding, trail practice, picnicking, etc. of members and guests.
- Gravel road from entry gate throughout facility.
The entire facility will be landscaped and coordinated to express the community retreat theme.