Wheatland Health Services' initial team will consist of one Administrative Director, one Clinical Director, three employees and a contracted agency to fulfill the need for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Therapists. Initially, both managers will also provide direct service. Elizabeth Patzer is a licensed social worker and will provide all social work services during the start-up stage of the business. She will also provide all administrative direction and will perform most of the administrative functions with assistance from an Administrative Assistant. Kellene Walker is a registered nurse and has experience as a Skilled Nurse and Director of Nursing for a Home Health Agency. She will also provide direct nursing services during the initial stages of the business, as well as supervising the nursing staff. As the need for service providers grows, both managers will assume primary roles in management and will delegate direct service to employees.
Wheatland Health Services has no current management or personnel gaps; our plan provides for hiring service providers only as growth demands. Job descriptions have been written for each position and we will develop an employee handbook prior to our Start Date.
6.1 Personnel Plan
The following is an explanation of personnel needs, costs, and benefits as listed in the Personnel table. The projections for the next three years are based on minimal growth in client base and therefore no resulting impact on payroll due to increased hours of service. A cost of living increase is noted for all employees but does not impact the Administrative Director as she is the owner of the business and will realize increase through profit gains.
- Administrative Director -- This position will be held by the agency owner. The Administrative Director will also assume all Social Work hours of service during the initial stages of the venture as those hours are projected to be minimal. It is assumed that as need for Social Work hours increases a second Social Worker will be hired. *Owner's compensation will be made in the form of a draw and will not include payroll taxes, cost of insurance, etc., as these costs will be assumed by the owner; these after-tax expenses can be found in the detailed Profit and Loss table.
- Clinical Director -- This position will be held by Kellene Walker, who has prior experience as Clinical Director for a home health care agency in Southeastern Kansas. Ms. Walker's compensation will be in the form of a salary, based for the first year on $1000/week. It has been agreed that at the end of each calendar year Ms. Walker shall be entitled to a TBA percent of the company's net profits (less taxes and interest expense). The company will pay employer portion of payroll taxes for Ms. Walker and will allow for 4 weeks of paid personal leave per year and 11 paid holidays, but benefits will not include medical insurance, retirement or other fringe benefits. The Clinical Director will also assume the majority of Skilled Nursing hours of service during the initial stages of the venture as that will be her primary role. As the need for additional Skilled Nursing hours increases, additional Skilled Nurses will be hired.
- Administrative Assistant -- This position is based on 30 hours per week reimbursed, at $12.00 per hour. Initially there will be no benefits attached to this position except for four weeks of paid personal leave and 11 paid holidays to be used at the discretion of the employee with prior notification to the Administrator.
- Skilled Nurse -- This position will be paid $18.50 per hour for direct service hours. The total reimbursement as shown in the Personnel Table is calculated on 1040 hours per full year. In addition, the Skilled Nurse will be paid $408 per month for On-Call Hours served. On-Call Hours are figured at $1.50/hr. x 16 hrs x 5 days + $1.75/hr x 24 hours x 2 days x 2 weeks/month. There will be no benefits attached to this position other than 2 weeks of paid personal leave and 5.5 paid holidays per year, as this is a part-time position.
- Nurse's Aide -- This position will be paid $10.00 per hour for direct service hours. The total reimbursement as shown on the Personnel Table is calculated on 1040 hours per year. There will be no benefits attached to this position other than 2 weeks of paid personal leave and 5.5 paid holidays per year, as this is a part-time position.
- Social Worker -- This position will be paid $18.50 per hour for direct service hours. The total reimbursement as shown in the Personnel Table is calculated on 520 hours per year. There will be no benefits attached to this position initially until the need for more hours of service is realized.
We will also contract for other therapeutical services, as described below. These contracted expenses can be found in the Profit and Loss table.
- Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist/Speech Therapist -- These positions will be contracted at a rate of $30.00 per hour. The total reimbursement is based on 650 hours per year. There will be no benefits attached to these positions, as they are contracted on a fee-for-service reimbursement basis only.