The Scarlet Tassel
Web Plan Summary
In Year Two, The Scarlet Tassel plans to develop a Web presence and in Year Three, add e-commerce to its business model. The Scarlet Tassel’s website, www.scarlettassel.com and www.thescarlettassel.com, will be a secondary channel of business serving as virtual business card and portfolio for the company, as well as its online “home.”
The website will showcase the product offer available for purchase, and provide design and trend information appropriate to the home decorative market. Additional tips and inspirational ideas will focus on gifts and gift giving. To further show off its expertise, The Scarlet Tassel website will provide a resources area, offering articles, research, product information and website links of interest to its customers.
The Scarlet Tassel website will mirror the image and branding elements showcased in the store and at the same time, keep up with the latest trends in user interface design. The key to the website strategy will be combining a well designed front-end, with a back-end capable of capturing “hits” and customer data for use in future marketing endeavors.
5.1 Website Marketing Strategy
Market strategy in an Internet retail business depends on recognition of expertise by the consumer. For The Scarlet Tassel, it will start with our existing brick-and-mortar store customer base, informing them of our Internet presence and encouraging their word-of-mouth recommendations to others. Further awareness will be heightened by utilizing search engine marketing, banner advertising, and affiliates.
5.2 Development Requirements
Costs that The Scarlet Tassel will expect to incur with development of its website include:
- Upgrade to Celerant ARMS Internet Engine – $7,500.
- Site Design – $3,000.
- Site Implementation – Free. The Scarlet Tassel will utilize the programming services of Andy Staab, husband and friend. Andy Staab has 20 years of experience in software development including custom programming, data management, and Web development. His skills and services are profiled at his own website: www.programmerplus.com. The Scarlet Tassel is grateful for the significant cost savings and advice that this connection will provide.
- Website name registration for both www.thescarlettassel.com and www.scarlettassel.com – $70 per year.
- Site Hosting – $30 or less per month.
- Search Engine Registration – $200 per year.
- Site Design Changes – Changes in the site, such as photography costs (estimated at $150-$200 per shot), are considered to be part of Marketing and Advertising.