Corporate Fitness is currently a small organization headed by three individuals. The CEO/Director of Sales and Marketing oversees the activities of the Director of Health and Wellness Programs and the Director of Finance and Administration.
The Director of Health and Wellness Programs is the contact for and supervisor of the fitness specialists and health educators and promoters.
The Director of Finance and Administration provides guidance for fitness facility attendants.
As the firm grows and expands, more director positions will be added as needed.
6.1 Organizational Structure
There are currently two divisions of Corporate Fitness: “Health and Wellness” and “Finance and Administration.” With the growth of the company, more divisions will be created as the demand for services increases.
6.2 Management Team
- Dave Jensen: CEO and Director of Sales and Marketing. Mr. Jensen is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and control for all aspects of the company’s activities in order to realize optimum profits compatible with the best long- and short-term interests of the shareholder, employees, consumers, and public. Mr. Jensen completed his undergraduate degree at the University of North Carolina, and then earned his MBA from the University of Texas.
- Steve Perkins: Director of Finance and Administration. Mr. Perkins is responsible for guiding and directing financial and control activities of the company in a manner designed to protect assets, meet reporting requirements, and effectively plan for and audit the financial needs of the firm. Mr. Perkins completed his undergraduate work at the University of California-Berkeley, and received his MBA from Vanderbilt University.
- Robert Gomez: Director of Health and Wellness Programs. Mr. Gomez will assume the overall management of the health promotion program, including organizing and conducting health education programs. Mr. Gomez received his undergraduate degree in Exercise and Movement Science from the University of Oregon.
6.3 Management Team Gaps
The gaps of Corporate Fitness’ management team include:
- Lack of experience in the fitness industry.
- Minimal expertise in areas of finance and accounting.
- Strong desire for financial prosperity immediately with little patience for minimal profitability.
6.4 Personnel Plan
Corporate Fitness’ personnel staff requirements are shown in the table below.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Fitness Center Management||$15,000||$15,000||$15,000|