Corporate Fitness will serve Seattle-area businesses, helping them to become more productive, while lowering their overall costs.
Our business is based on two simple facts:
- Healthy employees are more productive than chronically ill employees.
- It costs less to prevent injuries or illnesses than to treat them after they occur.
At Corporate Fitness, we tie worker productivity directly to the health care issue. We believe that traditional approaches to the current health care crisis are misdirected. These traditional efforts are what we call reactive–that is, they wait until after the worker has been stricken with illness or injury, and then pay for the necessary treatments. Our approach, which emphasizes prevention and good health promotion, is much more proactive.
By helping employees change their behavior patterns and choose more healthy lifestyles, Corporate Fitness will lower companies’ health care expenditures, while raising worker productivity. Health care expenditures will decrease due to reduced medical insurance premiums, reduced absenteeism, reduced turnover rates, reduced worker’s compensation claims, reduced tardiness, shorter hospital stays, etc.
The state of America’s health care crisis, coupled with current demographic changes, threaten to not only exacerbate the crisis, but further erode worker productivity as well. These environmental factors coupled with the local competitive situation signal a favorable opportunity in this market. We feel the time is right for Corporate Fitness.
- Provide wellness strategies/programs to businesses in the downtown Seattle area.
- Create working relationships with 20 companies by the end of year one.
- Expand Corporate Fitness into Portland, Oregon by the end of year two.
1.2 Keys to Success
Corporate Fitness’ keys to success are:
- Marketing services to companies and individuals.
- Recruitment of experienced managerial talent.
- Dedication and hard work of the founders.
- Raising productivity.
- Lowering overall costs.
Corporate Fitness is a health service that helps businesses and individual workers attain one of the greatest gifts of all–that of good health. Personal gains, such as improved self-esteem and self-motivation, combined with measurable benefits will create tremendous advantages for both the employer and the employee.