The Metolius Agency
The Metolius Agency is a start-up graphics firm that serves small- to medium-sized companies. The firm will be based in Eugene, Ore. and will operate from a small, downtown office.
2.1 Company Ownership
The Metolius Agency is a sole proprietorship owned and operated by Kiev Lartiste.
2.2 Start-up Summary
The Metolius Agency will incur the following start-up costs:
- Assorted office furniture including two filing cabinets, two work desks, a couch and two chairs for the waiting area, a round table with chairs, and assorted fixtures for the office.
- Two computers, each with 21″ monitors, graphic tablet, black and white laser printer, inkjet color printer, scanner, CD-RW, and the following software: Illustrator, Freehand, Quark, Photoshop, Font Management Utilities, Traffic Office Manager (a scheduling and billing software), and Microsoft Project.
- Development of the website which will include design time by Kiev and implementation from a University of Oregon computer science graduate student.
- A current library of requisite magazines and journals.
- A DSL connection.
- Assorted office supplies.
- Stationary and brochures.
- Legal fees regarding business formation, creation of standard client contracts, and other general advice.
Please note that the following items which are considered assets to be used for more than a year will be labeled long-term assets and will be depreciated using G.A.A.P. approved straight-line depreciation method.
|Start-up Expenses to Fund||$1,000|
|Start-up Assets to Fund||$42,000|
|Total Funding Required||$43,000|
|Non-cash Assets from Start-up||$19,800|
|Cash Requirements from Start-up||$22,200|
|Additional Cash Raised||$0|
|Cash Balance on Starting Date||$22,200|
|Liabilities and Capital|
|Accounts Payable (Outstanding Bills)||$0|
|Other Current Liabilities (interest-free)||$0|
|Additional Investment Requirement||$0|
|Total Planned Investment||$43,000|
|Loss at Start-up (Start-up Expenses)||($1,000)|
|Total Capital and Liabilities||$42,000|
|Total Start-up Expenses||$1,000|
|Other Current Assets||$0|