Emerald Driving Range
Strategy and Implementation Summary
The primary sales and marketing strategy includes these factors:
- A quality practice facility that allows a golfer to work on every part of his or her game.
- Availability of quality instruction by a certified PGA Teaching Professional.
- Open facility to high schools, colleges and universities to hold classes and team practice sessions.
5.1 Competitive Edge
Emerald Driving Range believes its competitive edge lies with two main differentiators.
- We do not have to deal with the day-to-day operations of running a golf course, so we can give more attention to our customers, as well as give more focus to the facility itself.
- Our facility is set up to accommodate more golfers at a time than most of our competitors. Our customer service will be top notch and we will have a good variety of beverages and snack foods for customers.
5.2 Marketing Strategy
Our marketing strategy is based on becoming the preferred choice for golfers of all ages who are looking for a practice facility that focuses on all phases of the game. Our marketing strategy is based on superior service in the following areas:
- Quality facilities.
- Quality instruction.
- Customer service.
Our marketing strategy will create interest and appeal from our target market for what we offer our customers. Once they come to our facility we have no doubt that they will not only come back, but will bring their friends as well.
5.3 Sales Strategy
The primary sales and marketing strategy includes these factor:
- A satisfying practice experience that provides excellent facilities and top notch customer service.
- An on-site professional to give lessons and individual instruction.
- Excellent location that is convenient to get to.
5.3.1 Sales Forecast
The Sales Forecast is broken down into three main revenue streams: Driving Range & Practice Facilities, Concessions, and Professional Lessons. The Sales Forecast for the upcoming year is based on a modest 5% growth rate for each of these revenue streams. In spite of any economic unpredictability in the future, we expect to have at least a 5% growth increase in the following two years.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Driving Range & Practice Facilities||$491,000||$540,100||$594,110|
|Direct Cost of Sales||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Driving Range & Practice Facilities||$0||$0||$0|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$43,289||$45,454||$47,726|
The Milestones table outlines key activities that will be critical to our success in the coming year.
|Milestone||Start Date||End Date||Budget||Manager||Department|
|Marketing & Advertising||2/20/2003||6/10/2003||$1,500||Fred||Management|
|Lesson Schedule||8/21/2003||11/25/2003||$500||Joe||Golf Pro|
|Sourcing Food Vendors||5/20/2003||6/8/2003||$1,000||Jim||Management|