GlobeSpan Meeting Planners, Inc. (GlobeSpan) will be formed as a company specializing in the representation of meeting planners from all industries. The founders have over 17 years experience in the hospitality industry working with both domestic and international meeting planners. GlobeSpan will allow the founders to utilize their expertise with meeting planners while working with hotels and resorts across the globe.
GlobeSpan Meeting Planners will partner with HelmsBriscoe, the industry's largest and finest meeting and conference resource firm thus placing a full service meeting operational division at GlobeSpan's disposal.
It is the mission of GlobeSpan Meeting Planners to be the top producing member of the HelmsBriscoe meeting planning alliance by providing the highest quality service to our clients. By providing a total meeting resource including hotel/resort site searches, rate and contract negotiation, as well as recommendations for complete event planning, on-site management, airline assistance, and cruise assistance at no cost to the client, GlobeSpan becomes a time-saving "one-stop shop." GlobeSpan is a perfect, no-cost alternative to the hassle of in-house meeting planning. GlobeSpan will be compensated by the hotels/resorts, and by the complete event planning/airline/cruise assistance offered by HelmsBriscoe's Resource One at the rate of six percent of gross revenues generated, paid in commission. GlobeSpan provides an easy, valuable alternative for its clients, and a flexible work environment with equitable compensation for its founders.
1.2 Keys to Success
There are four key elements we will accomplish to succeed:
- Continual and diligent client prospecting.
- Provide timely, reliable, money-saving site searches representing only the hotels/resorts which best reflect the clients' needs.
- Maximizing revenue potential by offering all commission-based services provided by HelmsBriscoe's Resource One, turning a program which would have been commission on hotel rooms only revenue into commission on complete program revenue (air, production/audiovisual, program planning).
- Utilize the unique expertise of both owners to offer increased value to the client.
- To book a gross sales commission of $30,000 by December 31, Year 1.
- To book a gross sales commission of $120,000 by December 31, Year 2.
- To book a gross sales commission of $284,000 by December 31, Year 3.
- To completely repay small business loan of $50,000 by July 1, Year 4.