West Pacific Marketing
West Pacific Marketing Consultants aims to provide marketing services to targeted business environments in Indonesia, Asia, and the west Pacific region. This plan seeks to generate a significant increase in company sales and profits from the delivery of retainer consulting, project consulting, market research and industrial analysis, feasibility studies, and strategic analysis and reporting services, compared to the preceding year.
The highlights of this plan are the targeted gross margin and sales-revenue. The targeted gross margin and sales-revenue for each of the first five years of this plan are presented in the following chart and the tables presented later in this plan. These figures represent the key prospects available for West Pacific Marketing Consultants. These targets are attainable through a proactive approach to the candidacy of clients, teaming-up with technology providers, and partnering with reputable local and regional engineering suppliers and construction firms to reduce competition, improve pricing, and reduce risks.
This business plan has been created on the basis of five years of market research. Data conclude the size and growth of the market and geographical segments, customer needs, perception, and buying behavior trends have been on the upswing, and are expected to continue in this trend for the next five years. West Pacific Marketing Consultants feels that it is able to fill the hole in the marketing niche, and will benefit from operations beginning in January, Year 1.
Note: All figures within this plan are in the U.S. dollar, and reflect the currency exchange rate of $1 = Rp 7,200.
West Pacific Marketing Consultants’ objectives are to make an equal and fair profit in the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing services industry. This goal is to be reached by attaining the numbers presented in the Sales Forecast and Financial Plan topics.
West Pacific Marketing Consultants offers companies, government institutions, nongovernment organizations (NGO), and individuals reliable, high-quality, and cost-effective consulting services for various purposes. Our services include business development, market development, market intelligence, industrial sectors analysis, and channel development on a global scale, as well as sales assistance for global companies in the Indonesian market.
The situation in Indonesia is currently characterized by the facts that times are tough, investment appetites are low, industries are cutting costs, and budgets are being slashed. Fully aware of this situation, West Pacific Marketing Consultants, after completing a five year research study, has come to the conclusion that its potential clients would be interested in doing things in a smarter way, with good support of a reliable and efficient market intelligence. West Pacific Marketing Consultants believes that it can provide both solutions and value creations to its clients. Its senior executive consultants have been working with some reputable U.S.-based global companies for more than 14 years, and have extensive knowledge of Indonesian, Asian, and Pacific business environments.
1.3 Keys to Success
The are two keys to success that West Pacific Marketing Consultants is focused on. These are broadlky characterized as Internal and External Factors, and are explained in more detail in the following two sections.
1.3.1 External (Business Environment) Factors
The Asia-Pacific Region is now living in an interesting era: the process of change from the “old economy” to the “global new economy” brings a tremendous development growth of e-commerce, mobility of capital, and liberalization to the region. Since the new global economy brings new economics, new market structures, new industry structures, and new company structures, the profile of customers has also changed. Customers have evolved from “solution demander” to “value demander,” and from “clients” to “business partners.”
West Pacific Marketing Consultants is proactively focused on establishing relationships with multiple digital contents, companies, government institutions, regional (provincial) government offices, NGOs, and individual customers as its prospective business partners.
1.3.2 Internal Factors
The company feels that it controls its own success through some basic internal factors. These are:
- Selling and Marketing Power. The services the company provides are made attractive in order to maintain a certain percentage of B2B and B2C clients. Being a market intelligence services provider, business and market development consulting services provider, and business and sales representative, West Pacific Marketing Consultants demonstrates a successful approach in converting its reputation into an excellent brand to ensure the conversion of its clients’ knowledge into their intellectual property, thus creating value for its clients.
- Excellence in fulfilling the promise. Clients do not buy features, they buy benefits. To realize a benefit, a claim must be made and proof presented. This company has had success on claim after claim.
- Developing visibility to generate new business leads. Participation by the company in online business affiliations with reputable global players of e-business technology is a necessity. Two of these players are Palo Alto Software and B2BToday.com. Strategic relationships must also be made with companies, government institutions, regional (provincial) government offices, and NGOs, as well as with individual customers.
- High-quality service and customer satisfaction. Everything the company sells is guaranteed; therefore, the services have to do what the customers want, and do it well. Long-term customer satisfaction is critical to the survival of the company.
- Create multiple opportunities from a single line of expertise. West Pacific Marketing Consultants is able to leverage from a single pool of expertise into multiple revenue generation opportunities: business development, market development, market intelligence, industrial sectors analysis, and channel development on a global scale, as well as sales assistance for global companies in the Indonesian market.
- Key management team. The right management team is integral, and must have a strong foundation in marketing, management, finance, and services development. The company is confident in its team.