Mike's Trucking Service
Marketing & Sales
We market our services as solutions to the many companies requiring cargo to be transported promptly and efficiently. The company’s future marketing plans will be nationwide, emphasizing haulage capabilities for any cargo. The overall marketing plan for services is based on the following fundamentals:
- The segment of the market(s) planned to reach.
- Distribution channels planned to reach market segments: television, radio, sales associates, and mailings.
- The share of the market expected to capture over a fixed period of time.
At the time of this writing, Mike’s Trucking has a lease arrangement with various companies. The company’s pricing is based on miles per thousands of pounds of cargo transported. We will be able to charge competitive rates, as we have minimal overhead compared to our competition. The table below sketches out the pricing structure; for a key to this table please see asterisks at the bottom of the page.
Locations & Facilities
Mike’s will offer both for-hire trucking as well as private carriers. Most of their business will be derived from the private carriers. For the private carrier segment, both truckload (TL) and less than truckload (LTL) will be offered. Mike’s services will be especially attractive to the food industry, as participants in that industry typically use referrals, reputation, and customer service as purchasing variables.
Milestones & Metrics
- Freight cost per unit shipped
- Outbound freight costs
- Inbound freight costs as percentage of purchases
- Transit time
- Claims as % of freight costs
- driver commissions
- repeat clients