Trestle Creek Cabinets
Trestle Creek Cabinets will be formed as a cabinet company specializing in custom cabinets for the high-end residential, resort, and commercial market. Its founders have extensive experience in the construction and cabinet industry. Trestle Creek Cabinets will operate under the umbrella of Trestle Creek, Inc., a construction company sharing staff, office space, and administration costs. However, for the purpose of business planning, we are treating Trestle Creek Cabinets as a separate company.
Over some years of being involved with the construction of luxury homes, the company owners have seen a need for a cabinet line with a broad selection of design choices, high-end finishes, along with top of the line organization, customer service, and quality. Trestle Creek Cabinets will meet those customers needs. Building a strong market position in the high-end residential, resort, and commercial development segments, the company projects revenues to grow substantially between FY1 and FY3. By maintaining an average gross margin of over 25%, the company estimates handsome net profits by FY3.
The company owners have provided the capital to cover the start-up expenses. The company currently seeks a 3-year commercial loan to cover the operating expenses.
The company objectives are:
- To be a top cabinet supplier to luxury homes in the regional market.
- Revenues to more than double Year1 levels by the end of Year2.
- Aim to have 70% of sales in high-end residential customer segment.
- 20% of sales in mid-range residential customer segment.
- 10% of sales in commercial development segment.
- To have a showroom within 3 months in a prominent retail space.
To deliver a high-quality product, on time and within budget while also providing a fast, error free ordering system.