Our biggest savings of the year
The management of Poppi Designs is made up of the owner and one other member who still needs to be added. This plan calls for the owner to concentrate efforts firstly on sales. The many administrative functions of Poppi would become the primary focus of the other team member.
6.1 Management Team Gaps
As mentioned earlier in this plan, a team member needs to be found and trained soon. This person’s functions listed below should allow Kate to concentrate on new sales, maintenance of existing accounts, and devising company strategy and policies.
New team member duties:
- Entering and and maintaining day-to-day financial entries into the computerized accounts set up by Poppi’s accountant. Balancing checkbook and reconciling bank statements.
- Invoicing, billing, and expediting over the phone past-due accounts.
- Organizing all paperwork related to orders place for shipments from Italy.
- Preparing the landed coast for each imported item following the format provided.
- Answering phones from customers and dealing with inquiries. Close contact with kate by pager/cell phone so that customers can feel that Kate is always reachable.
6.2 Personnel Plan
Poppi Designs’ sales targets can only be reached if the owner’s time is freed up to spend virtually 100% of her time selling to new customers and managing the accounts she has already sold to. This means that a capable individual must be added as soon as possible to handle the administration.
|FY 1999||FY 2000||FY 2001|