Bauman's Frozen Custard
Bauman’s Frozen Custard and Italian Ice will be a scoop shop located on a busy street in downtown Eugene, Oregon. Bauman’s is a start-up shop and has long-term presence plans in the Eugene/Springfield market. Along with a $15,000 investment by Matthew Bauman, Bauman’s Frozen Custard hopes to initially make a successful effort to secure start up financing through a combination of investment and debt to establish the location.
Bauman’s is looking to bring Frozen Custard and Italian Ice to the Eugene market, where the product is currently unavailable. The company’s initial offerings will be a mixture of rich, creamy Frozen Custard and bright, sweet Italian Ice in a selection of sizes. Through selective marketing we intend to create a loyal customer base that will see Bauman’s Frozen Custard and Italian Ice as a high-class, yet affordable scoop shop with a prestigious product offering.
We predict our first year sales will reach approximately $66,000 and climb to over $90,000 by the end of the second year. Despite an initial loss in year one, we expect to become profitable by year two without endangering our cash reserves. According to our marketing research, these sales should be easily attainable by even a start up scoop shop. Our overall financial model is conservative and it emphasizes long-term opportunities in the local market over quick returns favored by hip new restaurants with short life spans in bigger cities.
To create the finest quality all natural frozen custard and Italian ice with a commitment to incorporating the freshest, richest, and creamiest ingredients into a world class product.
To meet the highest standards of excellence with superb service and product offerings in a friendly, sparkling, and soothing atmosphere.
To actively seek out and respond to the needs of our customers.
The objectives of Bauman’s Frozen Custard and Italian Ice are to:
- Achieve more than $65,000 in sales during the first year of operations.
- Increase annual sales in the second year by 30% or more over the initial year.
- Make sure at least one out of every five people within 10 blocks of our store is aware of the unique flavor benefits Frozen Custard has over traditional ice cream within our first six (6) months of operations.
- Establish the business as the premier Frozen Custard store in Eugene.
1.3 Keys to Success
Bauman’s keys to success will include:
- Presenting a high level of quality in its product line.
- Maintaining and growing relationships with customers to generate new and repeat sales.
- Significant spending in grass roots marketing.
- Innovating new product offerings that will differentiate us from our competition.