Aztec Food Imports
Aztec Food Imports (Aztec) will offer food product imports from Mexico to meet increased demand for these product by the city’s growing Hispanic/Latino community in the greater Richmond area. Over the last five years, this community has grown by 70%, and represents half of the Richmond Metro population (250,000). Aztec has been successful over the competition in supplying imported mexican food products to the area’s two PriceRight supermarkets. From this base, Aztec will build a successful business serving the area’s large and small markets.
- Establish Aztec Food Imports as the number one importer of mexican food products in Richmond.
- Increase the number of mexican food products being carried in local markets by 20% over the next two years.
- Build solid working relationships with the purchasing agents of the local stores serving Richmond’s growing Hispanic/Latino population.
Aztec’s mission is to supply Mexican food imports to Richmond stores which are currently being poorly served by importers located over 150 miles away. Raymond Garcia, co-owner of Aztec, will utilize his importing background, his experience in the food retail market, as well as his contacts in Mexico to bring in products that area customers demand.
1.3 Keys to Success
The keys to success in Aztec’s business are:
- Offering items of a high quality-value relationship which are not available everywhere. This is essential for maintaining the niche market sectors mentioned in the mission statement.
- Reliable and timely deliveries. Aztec must make good on its delivery promises. Because of the nature of doing business in Mexico, this requires long-range planning in scheduling orders, taking into account Mexican business practices.
- A reliable administration that is ready to serve customers, prepare accurate billing, follow-up on orders and other documentation, and maintain a close watch on expenses and collection of accounts receivable.