Tucson is a start-up business located in the West end of Tucson Arizona. The company specializes in the repair and sales of home electronics, specifically home entertainment electronics, including TV, DVDs VCRs and CD players.
We will target people who place great importance in their entertainment equipment and own higher-end electronics, where repairing them would be more cost effective than replacing them. Many low end VCRs for example, are priced so low, people find it more cost effective and convenient to purchase a new product than to get the existing one repaired.
The company is owned and managed by James Munroe, a retired Navy Commander with a degree in electrical engineering from the University of Texas-Austin. He is a certified electronics technician with various brand companies. He will also employ his son to help with running and growing the business.
Tucson Electronics (TE) is a growth-oriented business. Its ten year goal is to become a regional leader in TV/VCR/home stereo repair, with shops in the Tucson and Phoenix area. With this in mind, the objectives over the next three years for Tucson Electronics are the following:
- Achieve steady growth in sales revenues by year three.
- Achieve local market share (in the Tucson area) of approximately 20% by year five.
- Expand product line to include authorized satellite service installation and new home entertainment electronics sales.
The mission of Tucson Electronics is to provide high quality, convenient and comprehensive TV/DVD/VCR and home electronics repair at a low cost. The most important aspect of our business is trust. It is the goal of our firm to have 100% customer satisfaction in regards to quality, friendliness and time to completion, and discover new ways to exceed the expectations of our customers while doing so at the lowest possible cost.
1.3 Keys to Success
In the TV/VCR repair industry a company builds its client base one customer at a time and mostly through established marketing practices (ads, billboards, etc.). With this in mind, the keys to success for Tucson Electronics are:
- High-quality work.
- Attention to professional appearances at all times.
- Knowledgeable technicians that are friendly, customer oriented, and will take the time to explain to customers the intricate nature of our business and our work.
- Maintaining a highly aggressive managerial oversight on costs to provide our services at the lowest price.