One Week At A Time
One Week At A Time does not actually produce any products or services. We recommend Earth-friendly products from various retailers who pay us a commission based on the amount of the sale. These are usually referred to as “affiliate relationships” and “affiliate commissions” in the Web world.
The advantage to this setup is that we don’t have any cost of goods, we don’t have to worry about production, inventory levels, fulfillment, or customer service. The negative aspect is that we obviously only receive a percentage of the sale instead of the full amount of the sale.
We will be recommending Earth-friendly products of the following types:
- Reusable Products: Reusable replacements for everyday products that are normally disposed of after one use such as rechargeable batteries, reusable lunch bags, etc.
- Recycled Paper Products: Printer paper, envelopes, stationary, etc.
- Kitchen Products: Cloth towels, cloth rags, etc.
- Organic Foods: Fruits, vegetables, snack foods, etc.
- Cloth Diapers
- Clothing: Made by Earth-Friendly companies such as Lands’ End, L.L. Bean, etc.
- Cleaning Products: Organic and chlorine/chemical free cleaning products like carpet cleaner, laundry detergent, dish soap, car wash soap, etc.
- Herbal Medicines
- Lighting: Energy Star approved lighting which uses less energy than standard bulbs and lighting products.
- Heating/Cooling Equipment: Hot Water Heater jackets, Energy Star air conditioners, heaters, etc.
- Books: About being Earth-friendly.
- Music: By Earth-Friendly artists or ones whose proceeds are donated to environmental organizations.
- Low Water Usage: Shower heads, hose nozzles, and other water-reducing gadgets.
- Energy Star Appliances: Kitchen appliances, TVs, monitors, etc.
- Solar Powered Appliances: Major and minor appliances, tools and gadgets that run on solar power.