Columbia Cleaners is a start-up enterprise to be established in Hillsboro, Oregon as a limited liability company owned by J.C. Copperbeech. The company will provide dry cleaning, laundry, and garment alterations, offered with regular home pick-up and delivery services. The company will have a production facility, but will not need a retail shop because of our pick-up and delivery service. However, we will need delivery vans, and customer service trained drivers.
Customers can choose payment either at the time of each delivery, or by monthly credit card billing. At the end of each month we will send statements to each contract customer, itemizing service fees and the charge for the service to their credit cards for payment.
The business provides a new door-to-door dry cleaning, laundry, and alteration service in Hillsboro, OR and surrounding neighborhoods that will surely attract customer attention. Working customers may find this service is convenient for them and want to try it. If they are satisfied with the service quality they will likely become repeat customers. When the patronage happens continuously, they become loyal customers of the service. These customers will recommend Columbia Cleaners to their friends and coworkers. As more and more customers use this service, Columbia Cleaners’ image is enhanced and we will gain more and more market share.
Sales forecast gradually increase over the first year and comprise total sales of $324,700. We project modest net profits the first year. Our second and third year net profits are expected to grow substantially.
In providing laundry and garment alteration services for customers in the Hillsboro area, Columbia Cleaners aims to:
- Establish sustainable business by the end of the first year
- Have first year total sales in excess of $324,000
- Producing net profits
We will offer dry cleaning, laundry, and clothing alteration services with free home pickup and delivery. Our high quality and convenience will save time for working customers.
1.3 Keys to Success
- The business is entering the first year of operation, therefore, a comprehensive marketing strategy will be the key to success of the business.
- It is important to remember that the target customers have money and want to be provided high quality service, therefore, they will only use this service if they are entirely satisfied.
- Furthermore, the hours of operation must be convenient and service completion must be timely in order that customers are not harried after a long day working.