Markam Driving School
Markam Driving School (MDS) offers a wide range of driver services. It is ultimately the goal of the company to be a one-stop facility for all driver needs, including registration, licensing, etc., but at this time Markam mainly offers private and commercial driver education in the Seattle, WA area. MDS is positioned as a low-cost facility with excellent service.
The objectives over the next three years for Markam Driving School (MDS) are the following:
- Achieve sales revenues of approximately $2.1 million by year three.
- Expand by starting up two more facilities (one in Portland, OR and the other in Tacoma)
- Become the low cost provider of comprehensive driving education services in the Pacific Northwest.
The mission of Markam Driving School is to provide high quality, convenient and comprehensive driver education courses at the lowest cost. The most important aspect of driver education is SAFETY. It is the goal of Markam Driving School to have graduates of our programs with the safest driving records of any other competitor in the Pacific Northwest and to exploit that reputation to create greater market share.
1.3 Keys to Success
Markam Driving School stands at a great moment in its history. Having achieved an enviable record of providing the lowest cost drivers education services with comparable quality for the greater Seattle area, the company is ready to expand into the Pacific Northwest region. The firm plans to open two more facilities, one in Portland, OR and the other in Tacoma, WA.
Six years ago, when the company was founded, the owners realized that there was a great untapped opportunity in this industry. No company was providing what the customers truly demanded, high quality driver education at the lowest possible cost. Large companies were charging too much for their services and the local companies were not providing enough programs and services or they were poor quality. The opportunity rested in creating synergy with other organizations that were either buyers or suppliers. by doing so a company could reduce costs, shut out competition, and gain market share. This has been MDS’s driving strategy and winning business model since the company began. It’s steady growth in a mature market has proven the company’s management policy over time. Now the company is ready to expand and the keys to success over the next three years for such an endeavor are as follows:
- Lower costs so that the company’s gross margin increases to 66%.
- Appoint a cost control officer for each of the new facilities who is responsible to the president and general manager.
- Institute a comprehensive cost reduction program throughout the company.
- Strengthen and pursue partnerships and strategic alliances with suppliers so as to further reduce costs.
- Aggressively pursue contracts with organizations who need our services such as police departments, high schools and trucking agencies.