Fat Cat Creations
Strategy and Implementation Summary
Fat Cat Creations has a three-step strategy for developing its customer base.
- The first step will be an aggressive plan of participating in the most popular arts and craft festivals on the West Coast. This will serve two purposes. It will introduce the hanging raku cat ornaments to thousands of customers and it will be a perfect vehicle to demonstrate to local galleries the sales potential of the product. In addition, we will begin to plant the seed of Internet sales.
- The second step is to focus on marketing the hanging raku cat ornaments to West Coast galleries.
- The third step is to focus on marketing the website to potential customers.
5.1 Competitive Edge
The competitive advantage of Fat Cat Creations is the following:
- We offer the customer a colorful, distinctive ceramic art piece that is unique, individualized and fun.
- The hanging raku cat ornaments are inexpensive.
- There are no comparable ceramic art pieces currently on the market.
5.2 Sales Strategy
The focus will be on arts and craft festivals for the first three months of business. During that time, Fat Cat Creations will also be establishing its website and marketing to galleries near the Festival sites. We anticipate that gallery orders will begin during the fourth month of operation. Internet orders are planned to begin during the same time frame.
5.2.1 Sales Forecast
The following is the sales forecast for three years.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Arts and Craft Festivals||$177,000||$200,000||$220,000|
|Direct Cost of Sales||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Arts and Craft Festivals||$52,000||$70,000||$82,000|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$86,440||$128,000||$155,000|