Fiberglass World, Inc.
Strategy and Implementation Summary
The company’s overall strategy is based on a continuous improvement process of setting objectives, measuring results, and utilizing feedback to facilitate further growth and progress. The company plans to rapidly develop marketing alliances with industry leaders and pursue new sales of its services to residential and commercial builders. The market strategy is to capitalize on Fiberglass World’s alliances by securing city, parish, state, and government contracts.
5.1 Competitive Edge
Having both Fiberglass Plate installed offers the user an energy efficient system that will not fail. Fiberglass Plate Products are a true fiberglass system that meets the demands of today’s architectural designs and will continue to provide these desired features in the future. Fiberglass is a non-deteriorating material and all resins used are of the highest marine quality and are formulated to meet the required standard of Fiberglass Plate.
Fiberglass Plate roof tiles can be manufactured in the traditional design look of the curved Spanish terra cotta and the flat roof tile. Any design may be used incorporating the insulative core material. The exterior flat panels incorporating the molded look of stucco will be manufactured in various sizes.
Some of the outstanding features of Fiberglass Plate that have become necessary in the construction industry include:
- By conserving heat/cold within a structure, the panels are energy efficient.
- The panels are lightweight and easy to install.
- The product is cost effective because it services the insulative need as well.
- They will not corrode and therefore require little maintenance.
- Guaranteed to be 100% waterproof.
- All Fiberglass Plate products are fire retardant.
- The product is removed from the mold with a stucco look and texture.
- The insulative fiberglass exterior panels may be installed below grade.
The most important feature is the stability of Fiberglass Plate Products. In terms of manufacturing, Fiberglass Plate Products can be compared to a marine manufacturing process. All raw materials used meet the marine industry standard, and are built with the weight of water pressure in mind. The panels are durable, rugged, and meant to withstand many pounds of pressure.
Quality control is very important. Keeping this in mind, we will control our production lines to assure that quality is met. All orders will be produced in a time frame as specified by the production manager.
5.2 Sales Strategy
Our sales program is as follows:
- Create contacts with residential and commercial contractors.
- Contact developers of residential and commercial properties.
- Contact and training for new “company approved” warranty installer contractors for Fiberglass Plate Products.
- Special advertising efforts will be implemented on the Internet.
- Set up advertising for local and national programs.
- Participate at national and regional trade shows.
- Employment of company sales representatives.
- Contact major architectural firms.
5.2.1 Sales Forecast
The following chart and table outline our sales forecast.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Direct Cost of Sales||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$3,327,942||$7,802,670||$7,617,112|
5.3 Strategic Alliances
The company plans to rapidly develop marketing alliances with industry leaders and pursue new sales of its services to residential and commercial builders.
Fiberglass World advertises in the yellow pages, newspapers, radio, and billboards throughout the state. Fiberglass World will also gain considerable recognition through these additional promotional mediums:
- Caps and T-shirts.
- Word of mouth.
- As an extra incentive for customers and potential customers to remember Fiberglass World ‘s name, the company plans to distribute coffee mugs, T-shirts, pens, and other advertising specialties with the company logo.
- The objective of a brochure is to portray Fiberglass World’s goals and products as an attractive functionality. It is also to show customers how to use the latest in technology as it relates to construction and building services.
- Investment in Advertising and Promotion:
- A fixed amount of sales revenues will go toward the state-wide Fiberglass World advertisement campaign. On an ongoing basis, Fiberglass World feels that it can budget advertising expenses at less than ten percent of revenues.