Calico Computer Consulting
Calico Computer Consulting will be a start-up venture with the following characteristics:
- CCC will initially be a sole proprietorship.
- The goal will be to start the venture as inexpensively as possible, with no debt financing.
- CCC will be a home office start-up, utilizing one studio room in the owner’s home.
2.1 Start-up Summary
In keeping with the company philosophy of avoiding the use of debt, the goal is to start-up as inexpensively as possible. This is in line with industry figures that show that computer consulting start-ups are ideal entrepreneurial opportunities with very low start-up costs. Total start-up expenses for CCC come to $2,050, all of which will be financed through owner investment.
- Most expenses are typical start-up paperwork fees (legal, accounting, etc.).
- Cash requirements consist of one month’s rent as a reserve.
- $500 for expensed equipment will be used to purchase a new All-In-One printer, fax, answering machine to replace an aging inkjet printer.
|Total Start-up Expenses||$1,625|
|Other Current Assets||$0|
|Start-up Expenses to Fund||$1,625|
|Start-up Assets to Fund||$0|
|Total Funding Required||$1,625|
|Non-cash Assets from Start-up||$0|
|Cash Requirements from Start-up||$0|
|Additional Cash Raised||$425|
|Cash Balance on Starting Date||$425|
|Liabilities and Capital|
|Accounts Payable (Outstanding Bills)||$0|
|Other Current Liabilities (interest-free)||$0|
|Additional Investment Requirement||$0|
|Total Planned Investment||$2,050|
|Loss at Start-up (Start-up Expenses)||($1,625)|
|Total Capital and Liabilities||$425|
2.2 Company Locations and Facilities
This is a home office venture, located in one studio of the owner’s home.
- Computer facilities will initially consist of the owner’s existing system.
- Telephone – one line currently serves the location. A second line for data use should be added soon.
- Utilities are already provided, included in the space rent of $425.
2.3 Company Ownership
Calico Computer Consulting will be created initially as a sole proprietorship, owned and operated by Doug Burham. Incorporation, probably as a LLC, will be explored as a later option.