Twin Brothers Construction
The company’s management philosophy will be based on responsibility and mutual respect. Twin Brothers Construction will maintain an environment and structure that will encourage productivity and respect for customers and fellow employees.
TBC will be responsible to its employees and sub-contractors, the men and women who will work with the company throughout the state. At TBC everyone will be considered as an individual and the company will respect their dignity and recognize their merit. Employees will be encouraged to have a sense of security and pride in their jobs. Additionally, employees will be free to make suggestions and complaints. The company will afford equal opportunity for employment, development, and advancement for those qualified.
TBC employees will be committed to:
- Providing a safe work environment to protect employees, the employees of customers and sub-contractors, and the public.
- Supplying safe products for customers.
- Continuously improving the company’s safety program to reduce the risk of accidents and occupational illness in a changing work environment.
- Encouraging employees to participate in accident prevention programs and take personal responsibility for their own and their co-workers’ health and safety.
- Regulatory compliance and contribution to high safety standards for our industry.
- Monitoring workplaces, enforcing safe work practices, and communicating the company’s safety performance to employees and other stakeholders.
- Making safety a value-added service that the company provides to its customers.
The company is planning to expand its personnel to add more job superintendents as soon as the number of projects increases. These superintendents will have the following duties:
Direct supervision of all work at the job sites:
- Quality Control
- Scheduling sub-contractors and material deliveries
- Verifying and insuring that all work is done in accordance with plans
- Insuring that all work is performed in accordance with all OSHA guidelines
7.1 Personnel Plan
The personnel plan is based on the two owners to guide and oversee the operations that will be managed by themselves. Having been in business for over 25 years, they have agreed to draw very low salaries for the first two years to offset some of the initial expenses in starting the business.
For the first year, the company will hire temporary and part-time employees and sub-contract with consultants and construction professionals to perform the variety of tasks needed. Also, our contracted construction personnel expenses are reflected in our Sales Forecast as cost of sales, not part of our personnel table, since they will not be regular employees of the business.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Chairman (Principal Owner)||$18,000||$25,000||$60,000|
|CEO (Secondary Owner)||$18,000||$25,000||$60,000|
|Office Clerk (Temporary Hire)||$17,250||$32,000||$32,000|
|Foreman (Temporary Hire)||$21,600||$42,000||$42,000|
|Technical Employee (Part-time)||$9,000||$25,000||$25,000|
TBC will be committed to conducting business in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees, customers, and persons living in the community where it operates. To accomplish this, the company will ensure that it complies with current Health Administration and Occupational Health and Safety laws and will maintain its operations, procedures, technologies, and policies accordingly.
Each employee will have the responsibility to fully comply with established safety rules and to perform work in such a manner as to prevent injuries to themselves and others. TBC will be very concerned about job-site safety and plans to set up a comprehensive safety program.