Sedibeng Breweries shall evaluate the jobs it provides, paying competitive remuneration packages against market benchmarks to employees for their agreed and set out tasks. Consonant with its efforts to create added value by employees, Sedibeng Breweries seeks to negotiate the provision of incentive pay delivery mechanisms against achievement of agreed targets relating to accomplishment in the areas of productivity enhancement, savings and other specific successes, that is, the implementation of an effective performance management system.
Hence our human resources strategy will revolve around:
- Communicating openly and transparently; addressing strong and trusted:
- Internal communication.
- External communication.
- Stakeholder inclusivity.
- Responding and promoting human rights issues, such as equity in the workplace and in community relations.
- Adoption of a good remuneration policy aimed at developing our people through employee benefits, training and group initiatives.
- Maintaining preventative health and safety structures for employees and support for surrounding communities.
8.1 Management Team
The management team, mainly comprising of the shareholders, has wide expertise and broad knowledge of the products and markets, which if well planned for, will enable the business to realize its goals and objectives. Daily management will consist of Mr. B in the role of technical and operations, and Mr. G in dealing with government, corporate bodies, and public relations.
Management style will reflect the participation of the shareholders. The company intends to respect its community and treat all employees well. We will develop and nurture the company as community. We do not intend to be overly hierarchical. Management’s ongoing initiatives to drive sales, market share and productivity will provide additional impetus.
8.2 Personnel Plan
We intend to compensate our personnel well, to retain their invaluable expertise and to ensure job satisfaction and enrichment through delegation of authority. Our compensation will include health care, generous profit sharing, plus a minimum of three weeks vacation. As an equal opportunity employer, we respect the diversity and human rights of our people, and strive to achieve optimal productivity, while realizing the full potential of each employee. Awards will be given out to outstanding individuals, groups and plants for hard work and production so as to instill a sense of fun into the work and promote the maintenance of high standards. Sedibeng Breweries recognizes that our employees contribute fundamentally to the company’s long-term prosperity. We intend to enhance our capacity to attract and retain people of quality, through benefits such as housing and family education grants.
Employee health shall be of extreme importance. This is because the health of our people is an integral element of employee well-being at work and at home. Compliance with relevant legislation is a minimum target in our organization. We also intend to minimize if not totally eliminate the number of isolated incidents of intimidation in the workplace, so as to ensure that production and distribution are not materially affected and sound relationships are maintained between employee and employer and between employees as a whole.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|President and CEO||$48,000||$48,000||$52,000|
In-house training shall be continuous with regular external training being undertaken particularly following any new developments in the market. This is so as to ensure that we are continuously able to anticipate our markets needs–a proactive approach, which is so essential if we are to gain and maintain a competitive advantage. Courses on brewing will be undertaken primarily in South Africa, preferably with the established and reputable firms, such as YY Breweries. This will ensure that our personnel are exposed to the latest production techniques and are able to set their standards, or benchmark, using these organizations standards. Internal training will not only include product and technical aspects, but also expand to give much greater knowledge of customers, market trends, products, new technology aids, time management amongst other such variables. We intend to conduct health education sessions for groups and individuals on health risks in the workplace, balanced with lifestyle education and employee assistance programs that incorporate rehabilitation and counseling in a range of illnesses and social or personal problems. This is of particular importance in view of the AIDS epidemic that has grappled the country and continent as a whole to unparalleled levels.
We acknowledge the fact that successful recruiting, motivation and discipline procedures are keys to the growth of the organization. Hence we intend to promote and maintain good labor relations, strong morale and high quality work per employee.
8.4 Feedback and Control
- We intend to use employee satisfaction surveys to shape the business, making sure that the employee understands the goals of the firm, is customer focused, proud of their work and work as a team. This will encourage employees to become entrepreneurial and customer responsible, in addition to unifying staff in customer focus and values.
- Important notices and developments will be continuously communicated to employers so as to keep them abreast of developments and promoting a sense of belonging and oneness in the organization.
- We will encourage our employees to put forward any suggestions they might have regarding the improvement of any of the company’s functions–an open door philosophy. Such a culture will enhance innovativeness and creativity in turn leading to job satisfaction and enrichment.