Our biggest savings of the year
Sedibeng Breweries is a relatively new company providing high quality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in the local market. Sedibeng Breweries intends to focus on the brewing process and the brewery itself. The brewery will house four stainless steel vessels whose shiny finish will be highlighted by the flood lights on the ceiling. Interested stakeholders will be able to observe the brewing process during the day and will be offered guided educational tours of the brewing facility.
It will focus initially on providing and satisfying two kinds of markets:
Corporate Class: This will constitute all those people in middle and top managerial positions who appreciate good quality traditional beer.
Working Class: This will range from the miners who constitute a large portion of the market to administrative personnel appreciative of good quality traditional beer.
As it grows it will take on people and expand into related markets. It will also look for additional leverage by establishing relationships and representations with appropriate strategic allies.
2.1 Start-up Summary
Total start-up capital and expenses (including legal costs, logo design, stationery and related expenses) came to approximately $41,700. Start-up assets required and utilized included brewing plant and machinery, pick-ups, office furniture, personal computers and other office equipment. This figure comes to $840,000.
|Start-up Expenses to Fund||$41,700|
|Start-up Assets to Fund||$840,000|
|Total Funding Required||$881,700|
|Non-cash Assets from Start-up||$760,000|
|Cash Requirements from Start-up||$80,000|
|Additional Cash Raised||$0|
|Cash Balance on Starting Date||$80,000|
|Liabilities and Capital|
|Accounts Payable (Outstanding Bills)||$0|
|Other Current Liabilities (interest-free)||$0|
|Additional Investment Requirement||$0|
|Total Planned Investment||$861,700|
|Loss at Start-up (Start-up Expenses)||($41,700)|
|Total Capital and Liabilities||$840,000|
|Research and Development||$20,000|
|Total Start-up Expenses||$41,700|
|Other Current Assets||$0|
2.2 Company Ownership
Sedibeng Breweries is a Private Limited company incorporated at the Registrar of Companies through the foresight and vision of Mr. X and Mr. Y. Its fiscal year is the calendar year. Though it has only been in existence for seven months it realizes the potential market and opportunity for growth given implementation of the appropriate strategies, aided by the necessary finances.
2.3 Company Locations and Facilities
At present the company plants and offices are located in the growing industrial center of Selebi Phikwe, Kasane and Palaype with intentions of establishing an additional plant in Maun or Francistown, largely depending on the dictates of the market and the obtaining of a lease. Our current facilities provide offices, plants and machinery, office equipment and so on.
2.4 Company Values
Sedibeng Breweries is committed towards an open governance system whereby its activities are managed and undertaken ethically, transparently, and in the interests of all concerned stakeholders.
This shall be undertaken through implementation of the following company values:
- We intend to conduct our business ethically and transparently, respecting all applicable laws.
- We intend to be a responsible corporate citizen fulfilling our obligations as an integral member of society. Hence our business decisions shall give appropriate weight and consideration to social and environmental impacts.
- We intend to provide products of uncompromising quality to meet the needs of our customers.
- We intend to seek mutually beneficial and enduring relationships in all the commitments that we make, ensuring that they are straightforward and honest. Hence our communication shall be open and accurate, internally and externally.
- We intend to optimize the creation of wealth to provide fair reward and recognition for the contributions of our stakeholders.
- Ultimately we intend to uphold all the above company values, promoting our employees and respective third parties engaged by us to do likewise.
Through promotion and implementation of the above stated company values we believe that we will be able to attain our corporate and stakeholders’ goals and objectives for the benefit of all concerned, in particular the communities in which we will operate.