Barney’s Bullpen is a new company dedicated exclusively to the promotion and enhancement of baseball/softball skills to local residents regardless of age or gender.
We will achieve this goal by providing the following services:
- Hitting lanes with Iron Mike pitching machines. These lanes can be rented for $25 per 1/2 hour or for $40 per hour. These lanes will also be available as coin operated machines, where $1 gets 20 pitches. 4 lanes will be set up for baseball and 2 will be set up for softball.
- Utility lanes. These lanes will be approximately 14′ x 70′ in size. This will allow for a variety of events to take place, i.e., live hitting, pitching, and several other drills. These lanes will be rented in the following ways: $25 per 1/2 hour and $40 per hour.
- Private instructions for teams or individuals. The price will be based on the following formula: 1 hr Lane Rental + Instructor fee (e.g., a team rents a single lane for 2 hours for private hitting lessons for 9 players; the formula breaks down this way: $80 lane rental + $50 instructor fee = $130 per team). The instructor fees will be determined by the instructor, but 20% of the instructor fee is retained by Barney’s Bullpen.
- A winter Skills and Drills league for specific age groups. This will consist of a specific hitting objective given to teams in each age group (3 players per team) each week. Points are awarded to individuals for correctly completing an objective. Team and individual scores will be recorded for 6 weeks. At the end of this time, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards will be given to the individuals and teams that obtain the highest total points in their age group. It will cost each team $300 registration fees to participate in the league. A complete set of rules and prizes will be provided at the time the league starts, and the awards to be paid out of the registration fees.
- Video analysis of hitting and pitching (target date 2nd year). With a video camera and motion analysis software a player can have his/her hitting swing or pitching motion record to a CD. The software converts the motion into an animated stick figure which allows players, coaches, and instructors to identify the areas that need improving. At this time, the cost is estimated to be $75 for 1/2 hour.
The building’s open layout allows us to easily customize the arrangement of options for different events. For example, when hosting coaches’ clinics, umpire clinics, team meetings, or league meetings, we can combine open lanes to create larger competitive spaces with room for spectators. Fees for special events will depend on the number of participants and length of the meeting or clinic. In lieu of charging fees for league meetings, advertising space on the league websites can be negotiated.