Strategy and Implementation Summary
The company plans to rapidly develop marketing alliances with industry leaders and pursue new sales of turnkey computing solutions, systems support, Web hosting, e-commerce, Web development, and Web-based applications. The market strategy is to capitalize on Discover Productions’s innovative, information technology applications by expanding into new market areas.
The company will run advertising banners on various websites that are visited by its target markets. The company anticipates that it will use several different forms of promotion to attract clients to its services. These promotions will include discounted packaged deals that are all inclusive. Customers will purchase the company’s education materials, license the company’s software, and join the chat room for “one low introductory price.”
The sales process involves several steps which include relationship building, customer requirements/needs, product presentation, demo, closure and implementation. This approach is used because with our technical products and services it is more effective than competitors’ single product approach.
5.1 Competitive Edge
- One-stop shopping for companies needing complete “from the ground up” Web-based applications and business solutions. Discover Productions delivers the most comprehensive, cost-effective information available.
- Provide comprehensive, cost-effective Web development, hosting, e-commerce and Internet computing solutions that deliver results.
- New innovative B2B Web-based applications that target and capture untapped industries bringing businesses together over the Internet, and expanding the learning potential of everyone with their own line of educational products.
5.2 Marketing Strategy
The company’s marketing strategy rests on the belief that its products and services represent a value-added approach to interpreting, qualifying, and understanding the complexities of the computer industry and technology markets. To implement this strategy, the company intends to place paid advertising banners on strategic websites in the computer fields and to utilize search engine portal and general media advertising. Through these approaches, customers of the company will attain access to the company through its websites, where they will in turn access the company’s advertiser driver browser, which the company expects will expose the customer the company’s proprietary products and services, as well as to links with other online firms with which the company has strategic alliances and advertising relationships.
Discover Productions’ marketing plan is developed in order to support the company’s corporate goals and strategies. It is developed from knowledge gained from industry analysis, competitive intelligence, and what is known about customers and clients. It should be noted that every reasonable effort has been taken to develop the marketing plan from data and analysis. It is possible that some of the data could be interpreted in different ways, which could invariably lead others to arrive at different conclusions about how to approach the marketplace and promote the business.
The specific marketing goals for the company are:
- Increase Discover Productions brand awareness.
- Develop new clients and markets.
- Develop strategic alliances (via marketing).
- Build Discover Productions co-brands and partners.
- Increase advertising revenues.
- Increase traffic to Discover Productions.
- Expand existing clients and markets.
- Develop marketing presentation materials.
- Identify opportunities for new products and services.
- Enhance Discover Productions offerings.
- Enhance public relations efforts.
5.2.1 Marketing Programs
The delivery channel for Discover Productions’s marketing strategy is based on an integrated marketing model which utilizes a mix of communications media. The marketing programs are designed to increase brand recognition and attract new customers. They are diverse and include a range of marketing communications.
The Internet. The Internet will be the primary marketing tool. Site development will include:
- Use of state-of-the-art graphics.
- Easy access to pages within the site.
- A menu that includes easy enrollment for membership or product purchases.
- Use of state-of-the-art execution platform for trading.
- Easy payment methods and secure online transaction processor.
The company will also advertise on various strategic sites on the Internet including:
- Submitting URL for each page of the site to search engines.
- Banner ads on select search portals.
The website. Discover Productions currently has two websites and has received several inquiries from them. An additional site will be added to provide an online catalog and quote system. Plans are underway to upgrade the website with additional marketing material, as this is expected to be one of the company’s primary marketing channels.
Print media. Inserts and/or ads in weekly and daily newspapers will be considered as the budget allows.
Broadcast media. Radio, television, and cable advertising will be considered as the budget allows.
Email. The company will use demographic profiles to send messages to potential members and to:
- Provide a newsletter to all active accounts.
- Provide thank you notifications to all visitors, along with advantages that go with being a member.
Promotions. The company will use various promotion channels to reach its target markets.
- Secure space at online trading expos.
- Secure space at business expos in West Palm Beach and Boca Raton.
- Presentations at various Chambers of Commerce gatherings.
- Special membership promotions.
- Browsing site for free.
5.3 Sales Strategy
Discover Productions uses a direct sales force, relationship selling, subcontractors, direct marketing, and Internet marketing to reach its markets. These channels are most appropriate because they utilize the quickest path and time to the market place, reduced capital requirements, fast access to established distribution channels, and best of processes for relationship building. Sales and distribution are made by/through strategic alliances and partners with Fortune 500 companies.
5.3.1 Sales Forecast
Positioning and company image. The idea is to communicate to the investor community, the company’s unique combination of capabilities, products, competencies, and investor relations programs. Management believes that its corporate image is distinguished from other ASP firms. Discover Productions’s business model is designed to utilize its cumulative management experience in computer solutions, Web hosting, Internet sales, e-commerce solutions, new Web-based products, and technical & marketing experience to create an unbeatable marketing and sales strategy, consisting of these components:
- Corporate image (and image enhancement).
- Marketing propositions.
- Solid advertising programs.
|FY 2001||FY 2002||FY 2003|
|Direct Cost of Sales||FY 2001||FY 2002||FY 2003|
|Subtotal Direct Cost of Sales||$100,000||$1,500,000||$3,000,000|