Our biggest savings of the year
FFI imports silk flowers and other silk accessories. These products provide consumers with a wide variety of product lines and allows for individual customization of orders.
3.1 Product Description
Fantastic Florals, Inc. has a variety of silk flowers and products from which to choose. During the first two years, the product line will include:
- Tulips and roses.
- Two kinds of flower arrangements.
- Silk scarf and silk hair accessories.
- Seasonal bouquets.
3.2 Competitive Comparison
Fantastic Florals, Inc. products contain these features that distinguish them from those produced by competitors:
- FFI products are 100 percent handmade by Indonesian artisans and are then imported into the United States, which will be emphasized in all marketing efforts.
- The quality of the silk flowers is obvious, even to the untrained eye. There is no use of plastic stems, which makes FFI products look more realistic.
- FFI silk hair accessories are unique, and no similar product is available in the domestic market. These products will be protected by owning a patent. The product features beautiful embroidery on its edge, which will cost much more if it were to be produced in the United States.
3.3 Sales Literature
Copies of FFI products, more specifically bouquets and other arrangements are included. Upon production of advertisements and brochures, these will be added.
FFI imports products from artisans in Indonesia and then hires brokers in Seattle to take care of the legal requirements and paperwork. Currently, there are no significant obstacles in importing the products into the United States. According to the U.S. Customs Office in Seattle, there are no quotas for artificial products imported from Indonesia. FFI will benefit from the duty-free treatment under the new GSP rules.
Some FFI products are protected by patents, although the majority of products and services are not dependent on patentable inventions nor process technology.
3.6 Future Products
Fantastic Florals, Inc. plans to introduce ten new kinds of flowers and silk products every year for the first four years, with aggressive advertising at the beginning of each year that introduces these new flowers.
After establishing a firm reputation, FFI plans to import products other that silk products, but all will still be related to flowers. These will be produced by Indonesian artisans in various cities in the original region, all managed by the same artist. The products will include silk jewelry boxes, mirrors, and china, all with hand-painted flowers.